Sst Card Services / Erroneously charged fees

I remitted payment to SST card services for my monthly payment. I work for my financial institution in the online bill payment department, so I monitored my payment status to them. 2 days prior to the due date, I found they had not received my payment. I immediately contacted them, advised them I would be placing a stop payment on the bill payment, and immediately went on their website and remitted payment. Needless to say they received the online bill payment and presented it to my financial institution for payment, and it was returned. They charged me a $35.00 ret check fee, fine. Then when they debited my account for the online payment, they said it too was returned for nsf, and charged me another $35.00 ret chk fee, however, the item paid. I spent 2 months on the phone with the reps their supervisors, arguing with them, even went as far as to send my bank statement showing them the item paid on the day they presented the item for payment, and yet they still refused to waive the (1) $35.00 fee. Finally, after paying a $200.00+ cell phone bill, I simply gave up and ate the $70.00. Mind you, I have NEVER been late to Providian or even to them, and this is how they treat you. The account is closed, but I have been paying an $850.00 balance for what seems an eternity. They are crooks. I have told them as much many many times.

Comments

• Su
      13th of Dec, 2007

Every thing about SST is fraud!! They bought out Providian and I have had nothing but problems since. HUGE charges!! Even when I make the payment on-line or by phone, ahead of time, they are still charging me an over-the-limit fee and a late fee. This is riduculous!!! How can they get away with this? I don't want to stop paying all together because it will go against my credit but I can't keep making payments and the not use the card and the amount keep going up instead of down.