Srishti Electronics / Hitachi AC / Pathetic Hitachi customer care service

1 India Review updated:

This is classic example of customer getting into trap of Vendor-Dealer. We've bought Hitachi AC (RAVO24EMDZ1) from Srishti Electronics in Feb'07. Initially it worked ok but gradually it stopped working. We complained to Dealer, he redirected us to Hitachi. He dint bother to call service center but while making the deal the dealer was very nice.

Hitachi guys came and said there is gas leakage problem with the AC. We were surprised that within three months how can it happen. Then we went to dealer said about this, he simply tried to avoid this situation and asked us to contact Hitachi. Dealer said he can not do anything only Hitachi can do anything. After contacting Hitachi we were redirected to the dealer again. It was disgusting situation.

After writing to their managers and escalating to the higher authority, they bothered to call for the very first time after 20 days. Till that period nobody contacted us.

This is very awful.

Ni

Comments

• Ra
      30th of Jun, 2007

Well a similar thing happened with me... i bought a split AC and while it was barely a month old it just concked off.. the indoor unit had its circuitry not working so we kept bouncing between the dealer and hitachi... and now that we want the unit to be replaced... there is no body to speak to. If you have the number it would be a pleasure to bash the managers.

• Vi
      10th of Jul, 2007

We bought 5 AC from Hitachi 8.5 tons x 4 acs and one ac of 2 tons. The 2 tons ac compressor broke down within 10 months, after much follow up they replaced the compressor. Now again after 12 months the compressor does not work. Hitachi is a junk machine especially the smaller AC's that they are selling in India. The room AC are of sub-standard quality. I called their customer care at the HO in Delhi at phone: 26991361 and they hardly have anyone to take care of customer complaints (as there is no one on the seat). I am following up and will make sure that companies like Hitachi do not take customers in India for a ride by providing sub standard products and after sale service. I will take it to its conclusive end, even if I have to take them to courts in India.
    Customers cannot be fooled by companies like Hitachi who are operating out of India in a unprofessional setup. Anyone else who has a complaint with Hitachi can contact me at email: soulnature@gmail.com and I will include your cause in the litigation with Hitachi if required. United we stand and will succeed.

• Ra
      31st of Jul, 2007

I bought 1AC of Hitachi 1. ton from Vijay Sales, Goregaon (W) on 10/07/2006. The company personal from Hitachi visited on 25/08/2006 and the same date was put on the warranty card.

Since installation there has been problem with the AC like low cooling, noise etc...

Everytime I used to complain the technicians would attend the call and do the needful. This time also there was cooling problem, which was as usual attended but after two days the same problem popped up and after complaining again the service center called back the machine for thorough checkup and handed me with an estimate of Rs. 5000/00 ( DISCOUNTED AS THEY SAID).

The problem was that the cooling coil was damaged resulting in gas leakage.

When I spoke to the customer care narrating them the entire story and the warranty date, I was shocked to hear that the date of purchase will be taken into consideration and not the Warranty date, which is a shock.

I purchased Hitachi instead of LG/SAMSUNG/VOLTAS because of the repo Hitachi enjoys, but now it seems that the components are of inferior quality as to within a year the cooling coil got damaged.

Can you please help me to make my complaints heard by the senior level persons. I am horrified by the fact that the machine is as good as a local assembled one.

Now I regret having purchased HITACHI in fact it would have been meaningful if I would have purchased HAIER.

15th of Jun, 2009

I bought a Window Air-conditioner of 1.5 ton from Hitachi Home & Life Solutions (India) Ltd., A-15, Mohan Co-operative Industrial Area, New Delhi-110044.
    The thermostat of Air-Conditioner is not working from the starting. Although its been 1 year and 3 months and the AC has stopped working now. I complained to the customer care and the service people said that the compressor / refrigerant gas is finished. However, to my knowledge there is no need to refilling the gas for at least 8 years. I have inquired this from other dealers too.

• Gi
      10th of Jul, 2009

i bought hitachi quadri cool 1.5 ton last year and with in month it stopped cooling and I complained to the customer care and the service people said that the refrigerant gas has leaked and they filled the gas.
    I called many times in between and no one came for the two free service of the ac.
    Then this year also the gas leaked again and I had to call the customer care and they inturn asked me to contact Khyber AirConditioning who is authorized service to service Hitach Products, They refilled the gas.
    I asked them for AMC (annual maintainance contract) for Hitachi. they told that they are sole servise centre for hitachi in noida/ghaziabad and they will charge for 1600/rs per year and warrantry (amc) will be provided all over india and took cheque of 4800(for 3yrs) from me and gave a Pink Slip with all details of AMC from Hitach.I confermed with them that I am getting in contract with HITACHI and not KHYBER as they asked nw to give the cheque in favor of KHYBER AirConditioning. they confirmed me thrice that the contract is with HITACH and would be available all over india.

But after a week when the same guy came to see the bill (as i have done no payment of gas and they just need to see the bill if the machine is in warranty) he told that the AMC may not be available in any other state or district other than NOIDA/Ghaziabad as the contarct is with KHYber AirConditioning.

This is highly redicluses.I called Khyber AirConditioning and they told me thatthey will rfund the money as they were wrong.

Lets see what happen.