SpyHunter / Unauthorized billing

United States Review updated:
I first found this on google and thinking it legitamate ordered a copy of the program for $29.99--but the program did not do anything useful and provided no phone number to complain to. This all occured during a period when my computer was badly virus infected (and still is) Based on other complaints on this site it apperas that this not a legitimate company. I wish to have this charge removed as soon as possible.

N  6th of Nov, 2008 by

SpyHunter - subscription

I paid for this service June 2008 and by the end of Oct 2008 when I tried to update my files it says I need to renew my subscription. There is no contact except online via member login. But in order to login I have to first give them more money to renew my membership. I thought I was purchasing it for a year - but it has not even been 5 months.

We also experienced a lot of problems installing it. Whenever you run the program it cuts us off from the internet and I have restart the computer. I wish I knew how to uninstall it.
N  22nd of Jan, 2009 by
On 3 Jan 2009 I received an unauthorized charge on my credit card statement for U.S $29.99. Please
revoke all previous license agreements if their were any and please note that you are not authorized to
debit my Mastercard account under any circumstances. Mastercard will be conducting an investigation
into this matter payment will not be made. PLEASE REVOKE ALL PREVIOUS AGREEMENTS AND LICENSE
Mark Stolz. stolzie_47@yahoo.com.au
N  25th of Apr, 2009 by
Requesting to re install Spy Hunter
A  25th of Apr, 2009 by
Requesting to istall Spy Hunter
N  26th of Jun, 2009 by
I'm afraid I can't help you getting a refund from that company, but if your computer still is infected, I can show you where to go to get some real help.

Try this site: http://forums.whatthetech.com/forums.html (What The Tech)

They'll tell you how to fix it, step by step and tell which is the best software to use, and I can guarantee most of the software they'll list for you will be free (Open Source). And it works. Better than most of the software you pay for. Not only that, their assistance in walking you through a PROPER fix is...delightfully...also free.

Start with the "site orientation" forum and read that - it will tell you how to get started.
N  29th of Apr, 2013 by

SpyHunter - unauthorized charge
gary walworth
Phone: 6122124712

please reverse then $42.74 charge that was made to my credit card on 4/25/2013- this purchase was not authorized by me!