[Resolved] Spokeo.com / every phone number I typed in came back to the wrong person

Every phone number I typed in came back to the wrong person (reverse phone number inquiry). I typed in my own phone number and again, it identified someone else. For fun, I looked up information on my friends. The inaccuracies were a joke.

• Resolution statement

• Spokeo Customer Care's Response, Jun 04, 2012

Dear Spokeo User,

I'm sorry to hear that our service did not meet your expectations. Our phone listings typically can provide more information. However, certain numbers are simply not found in our phone directory and may not yield full or accurate results.

Our Terms of Use states clearly that we are a People Search Engine, and do not create, maintain or modify any of the information you see. Instead, this information is gathered from a multitude of sources, such as social networks, public records, phone listings, marketing surveys and more. For this reason, we cannot guarantee full or accurate information for every name, phone number or email address you search for, as the results vary so much from person to person. We are only as good as our sources, and our engineers are working hard on new algorithms to improve our data accuracy. I do apologize again for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,