Southwest Airlines / holding my refund for two weeks!

I recently made a reservation on SWA for a round trip ticket and since it was booked online required the payment from my credit card right away before they would issue a ticket.

Here is where the problems occur. I had to cancel my flight and the entire ticket was fully refundable. I cancel the flight and start looking for my credit to appear on my charge card listing. I wait a week and no refund. I call SWA and I am told, SWA takes your refund and puts it into a holding account in which you can use for future travel. This was all completed without my approval! Then I now after ten days request the money be credited to my charge card. I was informed before I hung up that the credit to my card can take up to 14 days. It already took almost two weeks to find out they were holding the refund WITH NO INTEREST being paid.

We have to put a stop to these large companies continuing to find ways to hurt the average American who is trying to make a living. DO NOT FLY SWA IF THERE IS ANY CHANCE YOU MAY NEED TO CHANGE OR CANCEL YOUR TRIP.

Lu

Comments

• Su
      20th of Feb, 2009

*****What a concept...paying for something before you actually "get it"...LOL

*****Yes, unless you ask for the refund, it is held for future travel...so?

*****Interest? They aren't a bank. You don't fly very often, or you would realize they didn't charge YOU $50 for cancelling your reservation. *I LOVE ROOKIES>>

*****By all means, fly another airline and pay a cancellation fee. Which by the way, they will get whether you cancel or not, because they will charge you to check your bags...It's $50 to fly or cancel...LOL