[Resolved] Southeast Toyota Finance / Financing rip-off

1 Miami, FL, United States Review updated:

If you are financing a vehicle through Southeast Toyota Finance be careful because sometimes they don't send your monthly statement. Afterwards they try to convince you to pay over the phone, which they charge a fee. When in the beginning, they should have just sent a bill like everybody does. Imagine how many they can rip-off that way...

• Resolution statement

• Southeast Toyota Finance Customer Care's Response, Sep 09, 2015

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would be happy to go over any questions or concerns that you may have regarding the payoff process and the title being released. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.
    J. Murray
    Southeast Toyota Finance
    1-800-267-0855 ext. 1205171

Al

Comments

• St
      1st of Aug, 2008

When I first got my car through Southeast Toyota, I never financed a car before. My credit wasn't great, but I didn't have any credit cards, repos, or evictions. I need up with a high monthly payment. Southeast Toyota wanted to finance the car for the same price the car was worth. In the end I would have paid for 2 cars at that price. I was told in 6 months I could refinance at a cheaper price. The first bill went to the wrong address, I had to call to find out that I would be late if I send the money right away. 6 months late, I couldn't refinance and I end up late almost every month or 2. I was sick a few times and out of work during the summer months. I told them: they worked with me by calling my house 2 and 3 times a day asking the same questions. I end up with a prepaid cell phone(gave it to them)...when out of town to find work. I called later to find out that they are looking for my car, because my home phone is off. I end up sending them little money at a time, but I couldn't get in writing that the repo is cancelled. I am about to get caught up, but I still can't get in writing that they will cancel the repo. They want me to pay what I owe, late fees, and for the repo charges. I am already getting rip off. Never again.

• Da
      18th of May, 2010

We were told exactly the same thing about refinancing at a lower rate after 6 months, however our credit was so bad that we received a letter denying our request and wantied the truck returned, We did this and was told by the local dealer here if we put have of the price of the tundra down he could push it through with lower financing in 6 months, We brought back to the dealer over 22.000 us dollars and after trying to change the contract . we found many add ons and ine document for the extended warranty with our name forgwd by someone, it has been 2 years now and they will not call or speak on rgw subject of lowereinf our 15 percent rate, so our only option is to continue and hope enough people will complain that a class action lawsuit will be brought. They are dishonest and unwilling to look at anything. Good luck everyone

• Re
      8th of Sep, 2015

Submitted payment in full we used Federal Express and have proof that it was received and signed for by Southeast Toyota Finance, will not release title.