Sony Nederland B.V.(Cyber shot) / Sony fraud to customer

Sony Nederland B.V.

This complaint is about my recent bitter experience with Sony’s service franchise MBS E2E Services in Netherlands. I feel cheated by this company and request publishing this complaint in your website to make public aware about such fraud.

I purchased one Sony digital camera (DSC-W35 Sr. No. 7702182) in June 2007 and the camera stop functioning w.e.f November 2008. So I took it to MBS E2E Service located in Sony premise at Schepol, Amsterdam. They took it and issued receipt. After 20 days they sent a letter to my address stating that the camera is ready to be picked-up paying €27 service charge (refer attached letter). Nowhere it was written that this charge is for checking and not for repair. When I reached their office to take delivery, I was told that the camera could not be repaired and I have to pay €27 for checking charge. I have already spent €50 for twice going (once for depositing and once for collection) of the camera from my address at Amsterdam central and after that returned empty handed and paying €27 only to be told that the camera is un-repairable. MBS has done this trick (not writing in the letter that camera is un-repairable) to ensure that I should go to their office to take delivery so that they can recover €27. I have serious doubt that MBS has adequate competency to repair such digital camera since I was told that the main-board is faulty without offering me the option to replace the main board (whatever may be the cost).

Sony should stop cheating and harassing its customers by offering such poor service by an incompetent company like MBS. I wrote to Sony about this without receipt of any response from them.

Sujit Chakrabarti
Amsterdam, Netherlands

N  20th of Jan, 2009 by
We purchased a sony cyber shot camara for our corporate purpose. Model number DSC-W120, date of purchase 22/12/2008. The Same Day we found the dead pixel on LCD Screen. We approached a nearby sony authorized service centre SONY INDIA PVT LTD. # 768, 100ft Road Indiara Nagar Bangalore. On 27th of Dec 2008 Log Information No 300558921. Hardly used for 1 hour Firstly, the manager Mr. Dilip started claiming that the warranty no more stands as the Dead Pixel we will service the camera . A camera which you bought and not used for 1 hour and some body says that we will open it and service and give you the same how will you feel after paying a huge money on Rs 10, 000 that to a branded product like sony. If that was a case we can buy a local camera from market at least we get exchange. Over all in this bad experience we somehow developed a bad taste for such a big brand. We requested them for replacing the camera because it was new and hardly used it they refused saying that noooooooooooooo we can’t they asked me to speak to delhi call centre which I did Mrs Priyanka from delhi call centre promised sir I will give you a call till dated no body respond to my calls and no one is giving proper response. So I decided not to buy any sony product and inform all my colleagues friends not to buy sony any more. It’s a Waste brand its my personal request to all those who are reading don’t buy any sony product the company is not supportive after sales. The total team members are absolutely rude and illmannered in that particular location. we need a valuable justification from your end