Sony India / Defect in Panel & Motherboard of SONY TV in 11 & 22 months of purchase respectively

India Review updated:

NOIDA
5.4.2011
Dear Sony India Ltd.
On 30.7.2011, my Sony Television, Model No. KLV 32T400A, Serial No. 1226192 purchased on 20.9.2009 from your authorized dealer M/s Rhythem House, Sector-18, Noida-201301, U.P. developed a problem in sound as well as in feature on the screen. Immediately I wrote a mail to sonyindia.[protected]@ap.sony.com on 30.7.2011 & my complaint is registered at no.7873836. Your representative Mr. Dharmendra Kumar, Phone No.[protected] visited the house on 1.8.2011 & told that Mother board of TV has got problem & is required to be replaced at cost of consumer & went with the copy of purchase bill. Waiting for the response from the customer care, I once again submit my complaint on 2.8.2011 at sonyindia.[protected]@ap.sony.com, [protected]@am.sony.com & [protected]@info.sel.sony.com which is registered as complaint no.7893131.
On 3.8.2011, your representative Mr. Jitendra Kumar, phone no. [protected] informed me the estimate of Rs.6500 (Approx) for replacement of mother board in three or four days. He also denied to give me the direct contact no. or email ID of any responsible officer of SONY INDIA .
I have also submitted my complaint to Mr. Vinish Ahuja at customer care no. [protected] on 3.8.2011 at 6.20 P.M. & he ensured me that my complaint shall be shorted out at the earliest but is regretted to inform you that no one has turned up till now and least bother about the difficulty / harassment being faced by me & my family without any fault of mine.
In addition to above, it is also necessary to inform you that Panel of the my TV detailed above has already been replaced by SONY in July 2010 & as TV is a consumer product & generally used for years together i.e. more than 10-15 years but it is very strange to experience that just after one year from previous replacement of Panel, another important component of my TV i.e. Motherboard is requiring replacement. It is not possible to believe that how the two main / major component i.e. Panel & Motherboard of new product of reputed brand like SONY have developed defect & required replacement with in a short span of 11months & 22 months of purchase respectively.
The above incident has created the doubt that either we have been given already defective piece or repaired piece by your dealer. You will appreciate that consumers buy the SONY product believing its quality by default at the higher prices than the other similar product available in the market but now it seems that quality of the SONY is being compromised at the cost of consumer’s faith & cost & if such type of quality problem will be faced by the consumer, Brand value of Sony will be erode drastically.
I am really feeling disturbed & frustrated by the attitude of the SONY INDIA LTD . It seems that company is merely interested in making the profits by selling the substandard products on higher prices & leaving the consumer on the mercy of GOD.
Now I request you, kindly look in to the matter immediately & get the product replaced with the new one keeping the faith alive in the consumers about the quality products of SONY otherwise the consumer /customer will have to think twice or thrice before buying the SONY PRODUCTS.
Regards,
Sandeep Jain
106-A, Kanchanjunga Appartments,
Sector-53, Noida-201301,
U.P., India
Ph. [protected]

Comments

• Sk
      Mar 13, 2012

Deficiency in service
    Request for refund
    Please allow me bring to your kind attention harassment, mental agony caused by supplying reconditioned defective TV - under warranty up to July 2012 and indifferent, careless, callous, evasive attitude of SONY service team towards its customers.

I purchased a SONY TV. It had defective BG2BOARD . After protracted follow-up, Sony India replaced defective TV and vide Bill No.11154409 dated 12.5.11 charged Rs.23, 632 towards repair/replacement of defective LCD.
    At the time of installation itself, TV supplied by SONY vide Bill No.11154409 dated 12.5.11, it was brought to the notice of technician that there is problem in sound output. SONY INDIA. reacted that ' Itni Problem Nahin Hai' There is not much of problem. In other manner they agreed that there is problem in sound output. We were not reconciled why a new LED TV should have any problem with sound output.
    We also requested SONY INDIA to please check the problem and incase TV set had some defect to replace it. There was no response from SONY.
    However, instead of flaring up the matter, we consoled ourselves and reconciled with the quality of voice.
    Subsequently, Newpaper reports appeared about defect in LCD TVs supplied by Sony.It seems there is manufacturing defect in all the TVs supplied by SONY. But Sony instead of accepting the defect is indulging in denial and charging/fleecing its customers towards exorbitant repair charges.
    TV supplied by SONY developed same problem as that was in the old TV. Complaint complaint no.9552285 Dated 4.3.2012. followed by letter 5th March, 2012 was made. Service engineer advised that B- Board needs replacement. SONY informed that it will be repaired.
    Not satisfied with repairs to a brand new TV which is giving trouble, May I request you to please intervene and take necessary action on priority to take back defective TV and refund Rs. 91, 632 at the earliest.
    CA SKSINGHAL