Sony India / Bad service and customer harassment

1 India Review updated:

We purchased a sony cyber shot camara for our corporate purpose. Model number DSC-W5, date of purchase 29/10/2005. Recently the battery cover has got damaged. We approached a nearby sony authorized service centre ACE ELECTRONICS SERVICES, J-3/7, Rajouri Garden, New Delhi - 110027. Firstly, the manager Mr. Swaroop started claiming that the warranty no more stands as the authentication number from the camara is missing though had the warranty card and original bill with us. We finally agreed to pay the actual without warranty. They made a condition after giving the estimated amount, that we have to pay 500 Rs. if we do not get the job done. They gave us 7 days period for he completion of the job. It was 12 days and the job was not done. They said they do not have the cosmetic part and they have to get it from Singapore, so we finally requested them to give us the camara for 2 days as we had some events in our store. For that they charged us 1000 Rs. for taking away our own camara and gave no receipts. Now we do not have any clues that when we shall be getting the parts replaced. Over all in this bad experience we somehow developed a bad taste for such a big brand. We do lot of events for Sony also as we displayed sony play station and many other things. The total team members are absolutely rude and illmannered in that particular location. we need a valuable justification from your end. The owner Mr. Manish is ignoring our calls and the lady over there Ms. Harpreet Kaur is very rude. As a loyal customer we are unable to take this.

Lifestyle International Pvt. Ltd.
V. Sriram - Manager opertaion

Comments

• Ra
      20th of May, 2008

I am facing a similar problem with the Bangalore service center in Jayanagar. The worst part is I have paid the money for the repair of the lens of my Sony cybershot W5 and by the time i got it home it stuck again and I gave it back and am still to hear from them since 26 April. I have contacted Sony India and been assured they will call back but to no avail.
    SONY SERVICE SUCKS

• Ro
      18th of Jul, 2008

i also feel similar problem with the service of SONY SERVICE CENTER, GHAZIABAD. my handycam DCR HC 42E have a very small problem of display. I was told at their service center that it is a small problem, we will fix it today, you can collect it in evening, we will inform you. In evening they call me and tell me that some part is not available, you will be informed and u can take it in two days. After four days i contact there, then they replied that it is not done yet, wait for one more day.
    i have to go for a tour and my tickets are also reserved. What i should do; either i should cancel the reservation or forget about using the handycam in tour.
    This type of bad service is common with all sony service centers, one must not trust the big brand names and big promises like SONY.
    It is really very irratating and panic that you spend thousands INR for handycam and dont use it when the time comes.

• Sy
      20th of Jan, 2009

We purchased a sony cyber shot camara for our corporate purpose. Model number DSC-W120, date of purchase 22/12/2008. The Same Day we found the dead pixel on LCD Screen. We approached a nearby sony authorized service centre SONY INDIA PVT LTD. # 768, 100ft Road Indiara Nagar Bangalore. On 27th of Dec 2008 We took it to service for replacement Log Information No 300558921. Hardly used for 1 hour Firstly, the manager Mr. Dilip started claiming that the warranty no more stands as the Dead Pixel we will service the camera . A camera which you bought and not used for 1 hour and service guys says that we will open it and service and give you the same how will you feel after paying a huge money on Rs 10, 000 that to a branded product like sony with the company manufactureing defect. If that was a case we can buy a local camera from market at least we get exchange. Over all in this bad experience we somehow developed a bad taste for such a big brand. We requested them for replacing the camera because it was new and hardly used it they refused saying that noooooooooooooo we can’t they asked me to speak to delhi call centre which I did Mrs Priyanka from delhi call centre promised sir I will give you a call till dated no body respond to my calls and no one is giving proper response. So I decided not to buy any sony product and inform all my colleagues friends not to buy sony any more. It’s a Waste brand its my personal request to all those who are reading don’t buy any sony product the company is not supportive after sales. The total team members are absolutely rude and illmannered in that particular location. we need a valuable justification from your end

• As
      25th of May, 2010

i purchased a sony viao ...model no-: VGN-CR35G/L serial no-:7001197
    ii was nt starting...so i gavve it to customer care...RAipur Chhatishgarh INDIA...the person told me tht i have a defect in mother board due to which i hav to change it...and he gave me a aprrox bill of Rs18500/-
    i told him that i don't to get it repaird frm your customer care..and gave it to some other person and he din't charged me any amt nd told me tht u hav no problem in your viao laptop...so i just want the sony india that this type of harrasment izz very bad for the company...charging such a huge amt..is nt good for your goodwill plzz seee to in...thank you...