Sony ElectronicsI will never buy a Sony product again

I purchased a Sony TV and about six months after we had it the picture started going bad. In April, 2017 it got so bad we could hardly see the picture. I called Sony extended warranty service, good until 2017, it was picked up. They had it for over two weeks before they brought it back. About ten months later the same thing happened and again I called Sony .It was picked up again. This time they had it for over 6 weeks before they brought it back. After a short time it went bad for the same thing again, but only this time Sony refused to fix it saying that it exceeded my warranty coverage and wanted to send me a refund check for around $134.00 on the $305.87 I paid them for coverage. I thought Sony was a good company. I will never buy a Sony product again!

Comments

•   Apr 22, 2008
    Sony Electronics - I hate Sony
    Sony Electronics
    Canada
    www.sony.com

Holy crap SONY CANADA ***!!! Not only tot hey provide the worst in Camera technology but when their dumb *** breaks they refuse to fix it! There was a small scratch on the top left hand corner and the refused to fix it even though they had the *** camera for 3 months which is about how long I owned the camera for...stopped working on my vacation never got any pics and now I spent 500.00 on the camera and a couple accessories and have nothing to show for it!!! I swear the Sony Canada really don’t have a great customer service at all

• Cl
      Dec 10, 2009

Just faced with their service-my gps stopped charging(the usb contact was moving inside the unit. sent it to the service, they called and said that it's damaged, but i didn't anythyng except normal use...) offered two options -send it back to me, or recycle.. i'm shocked, won't leave it like this!

• Gr
      Oct 11, 2010
    Sony Electronics - Will not fix or replace LCD HD TV
    Sony Electronics

DO NOT BUY A SONY BRAVIA LCD HD TV! Ours broke in 18 months, bad display, they will not replace it. Sony customer relations offered to sell me a new one for a "discounted" price of $ 425! This after paying for a new one 18 months ago for $ 498. Sounds like a bad risk to me! It costs $ 710.00 for a new display part, make sense? The warranty is only for 12 months so yes tecnically our of warranty, however, a new TV should not totally break and SONY not stand behind their products. Pitiful treatment of a longtime customer.