Sony Corporation / sony 4k tv xbr65x900c faulty back led panel

1 Milton, Ontario, Canada

Sony refuses to replace a recurring problem 4K-TV.

I purchased the TV from best buy without any warranty - knowing that a brand like sony wouldn't have any problems and would last years as they have built their reputation.

Within the 1st 3 months white light started to bleed from the edges, the remote control would need to be continuously paired

Within the 1st year the TV back LED went out and it started to show lines and bleeding white light along the edges. After significant deliverance and hours of explaining my situation and providing multiple proofs of the fault they finally exchanged the TV with another refurbished TV.

Upon receipt of the replacement TV - I assured with customer service that they will stand by their product and provide any support if the same problems occur. Just as I feared the same problems and bigger faults with the back LED panel started to emerge. This time their customer service mentioned that the TV is out of warranty and cannot be replaced. They suggest to go to one of their authorized service centres. Upon checking with them - they suggested that nothing can be done and I might as well go and buy another TV! I am regretting every penny of my $4000 that i spent for this TV. I probably would have been better off with an LG or a SAMSUNG!

Ru