Sony / Poor customer service
I purchased a Sony 46" Bravio LCD model number KDL-46V4100 3 months ago from a local retailer in Kansas City. Within 3 months of purchase the TV wants to power cycle itself every 15-20 seconds. I called customer service and they told me I would have to have the TV fixed by a local authorized repair center. All of the local authorized repair centers are only open 8AM-5PM CST Mon-Fri. I work for a living and I can not take any more vacation for the year. I called back and talked to Sony's no-customer service to explain the problem and ask for a solution.
The customer service rep made it sound like it was my fault that I couldn't get off during business hours to have their defective product fixed. She did not have any solutions for me. It was not until I pressed her to speak to her supervisor that she told me my only other option was to write a letter to the Sony Executive Review board. The Sony Executive Review board was her supervisor and there was no way that I was going to get any kind of problem resolution on the phone with her or anyone else for that matter.
I wrote a letter. Spent the $20 to overnight it and confirm delivery confirmation to wait to get an answer on what Sony is going to do to fix my paperweight, formerly known as a Bravio TV. I still have not heard any response yet from Sony.
Do not buy a KDL-46V4100 46" Sony Bravio LCD TV unless you have an unlimited amount of vacation to take when, not if, the TV breaks.
More Sony Complaints & Reviews
- Sony Ericsson Service Center - Cheating and torturing customers! 
- Sony ericsson promo - lucky number 
- Sony/Bravia KDL40S4100 tv - defective product 
- Sony Playstation 3 (Ps3) 60gb (Pal) - Faulty Product/Horrible Customer Care 
- Sony TV KDF-60XBR950 - Sony TV Optical Block 
- Sony Corporation - sony xbr55x930d tv
- Sony Corporation - sony bluray player wireless lan built in
- Sony of UK - scam phishing sorry didn't know where to send this 
- Sony Philippines - sony alpha a6300 - cosmetic issue
- Sony Corporation - sony tv