Sonic Drive In / short change

1 Phoenix, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 602-535-2220

This place as well as the Sonic in Peoria continually short change you. Today I was short changed a dollar. Other times it's change under a dollar. If you hand them a $5 for example and the bill is $4.28 they will say they have to get change and don't come back or they hope you say don't worry about it.

This is a common problem amongst most Sonics. They hire these kids and tell them to expect a lot of tips and if the hire help doesn't get the tips they want they help themselves. If this happens again I will stop going there all together.

J

Comments

• Ca
      17th of Jul, 2008

I am a carhop at sonic and while I would never short change anyone, except for on accident, if someone does, all you have to do is push the button again and tell the carhop to bring your change. Also, most carhops will always have enough coin change to give you. So, if you see that they have their changer on and they say they have to get coin change, they are lying to you.

• Be
      31st of May, 2009

I am too a carhop a Sonic Drive-In Austin, Tx. I know what you mean. This is the new scam that the carhops have come up with. They don't realize it's the same as stealing. I have a changer on at all times. If I owe you three pennies you're getting your three pennies. A lot of these girls and guys don't use changers. That's how they get you. I don't blame if you don't go back.

• Li
      26th of Jul, 2009

I still don't get why they should expect tips anyway. Do they refill drinks?

• Ih
      2nd of Sep, 2009

Yes they do, they Refill drinks

• Mi
      3rd of Sep, 2010

I also am a carhop in Ca. At my store we have to use our own change in our changer. Sometimes I run out so I have to go exchange ones for coins in the store. Customers may not understand that but I do always come back with their exact change.

• So
      11th of Dec, 2010

If a carhop tries this again on you, just point out the changer that is on their hip, attatched to their belt. It holds, I think, $15 in change so the carhop can always give back the exact amount due. The only time I ever need to go inside to get change is if someone gives me a $100 or a $50. Call the manager about it. And get the carhops name as well.