Social Security Administration (San Antonio, Texas) / lack of assistance/ long wait time

1 San Antonio, TX, United States

On February 28, 2018, I went to the Social Security Administration located at 411 Richland Hills Dr., San Antonio, Texas 78245. I arrived at 0930 hrs and was called to Window 15. I told the female personnel at Window 15 my reason for being there was that I was doing a follow-up on the application I submitted to claim my deceased wife's SSI. She instructed me to go back to the lobby and sit until my name was called. At 0945 hrs, I sat and awaited the calling of my name. At approximately 1230 hrs, I noticed a woman crying. She said she only came to file some paperwork at 1030 hrs and had been seated there for 2 hours since. At 1230 hrs, the security guard notified everyone that the Social Security Office was going to close soon but that we would all be serviced. By 1311 hrs, I was the only person left waiting to hear my name so that I could be serviced in the building. The windows closed down near me and I was left there in the lobby...still waiting to hear my name. If efficiency, effectiveness and professionalism were utilized, I wondered, why did they make me wait so long...and why did they need to come to me, as a supervisor did just before I got up to leave, to ask me my name...they should have known it from the female personnel who told me to wait in the lobby until my name was called. Therefore, it was their fault that they didn't even know my name after I waited such a long time because the female personnel/ employee had told me to wait...until my name was called. I want to lodge my complaint to the Commissioner of the Social Security Administration because I feel that the common citizen should be able to get action from the head-person-in-charge. That she should know the humiliation and degradation of being forced to wait past closing only to receive little to no service whatsoever and hearing the snickering of employees as they lowered their shades, closing out their service windows. Is that how your administration should be run?

Ma