Singlesnet.com / Deceiving profiles and photos

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I signed up expecting to meet real people. The fact that I have received over 7 emails from people claiming to be different people however they all had the same stories, etc. I lost someone 4 years ago and they are playing on that - all the emails are from phony people claiming to be widowers, with no existing family, claiming to have lost their wives in tragic accidents, got their degrees at Oxford, UK, with very poor English. The photos belong to someone else. They are unable to talk on the phone and want you to use messenger, and about the time you answer back they are going on a business or family trip and will be gone for some time, and their work takes them out of the country all the time. Don't know how they can be real if they have different photos and the same stories. They claim to be in love when they have never met or talked to you over the phone - I am a bit too smart to think someone can fall in love with one email!!! One of the pictures they used was of someone I know that has nothing to do with that site and feel they are using stock photography photos. Think they need to clean up their approach and stop deceiving people.

Comments

• De
      12th of Jun, 2008

You are right... You do need to be careful... But I did this in another way... Your first question should be, " can you and will u pass a background check for me because of my profession????? That helped from 20 responders to 3, , , , Then I did the backgrounds and all three checked out. I then started asking the important questions, "How do u help people every day? What role do you play in your families life? What do you need out of life? Where do you want to be in five years? " Well then, I narrowed it to two, spent another week and eliminated the one and was very kind and upfront with him and then finally met the other. I've been dating him for over a month and a half and the newness is wearing off and we are getting to know each other very well... and I can honestly say he is the first man whom has ever treated me as a lady... and in alot of ways he completes me so far and so i encourage everyone out there to use the site and just be a little more cautious, take charge, and ask the right questions... if you know from the get go that you aren't interested, move on... keep looking and keep talking... and when your day hasn't been complete because you haven't talked to your internet pals, you may have caught something... time and patience will pay off and work hard, because every good relationship is worth it..time you invest into someone else is never a waste of time, it's a journey. Good luck !!!
    vandeberg@yahoo.com