Singapore Post Limited / poor service

I have an important article which is to be shipped from Japan to Singapore and chose to use EMS(Express Mail Service) for its reputation of delivering the item in 1 to 4 days. However, I have yet to receive the item after a week has passed and I believe the fault does not lie in the method of delivery but the organisation that is supposed to deliver the item. Below are the status of the item, taken from both the Japan and Singapore EMS site:

Japan

14/08/2012 09:24 SPEEDPOST SORTING CENTRE With Delivery Courier
13/08/2012 21:07 Unsuccessful Delivery Vehicle breakdown
13/08/2012 10:02 SPEEDPOST SORTING CENTRE With Delivery Courier
10/08/2012 09:23 SPEEDPOST SORTING CENTRE Processing at Sorting Centre

As seen from the status, the mail was indeed delivered to Singapore without fail in slightly more than a day. The problem was with Singapore Post Limited. Despite calling their customer service hotline multiple times, all the staff did was to ask me to wait patiently for the item to arrive and did not do anything to help me, and the email I sent out was ignored as well. Apparently they do not have any ways to contact their couriers on despatch, even in cases of emergencies I believe. And I definitely do not understand why the second unsuccessful delivery was due to insufficient time, as they already clearly took a long time to deliver the item and yet they still claimed that there were insufficient time allocated for them to deliver the item. Moreover, I believe express mail services such as EMS should have priority over other mails even if they do have too many items to deliver.

For one to travel from one end of Singapore to the other end, it takes nothing more than 2 hours. I simply do not understand how much difficulty Singapore Post Limited experience to make the delivery from 10/08/2012 until 15/08/2012. Until to-date, I have yet to receive the item and their customer service is still giving me the same response.

Comments

• Ir
      Oct 31, 2016

We had lodged complaint thru feedback form & calls early this year, but seems no improvement till date.
    Mails kept slotted wrongly into our neighbours & theirs into ours instead.
    Some of our neighbour are so kind enough to pass us wrongly slot mails, but some are not. It was lost in transit.
    Seek for yr high attention on this issue & hv it resolved immediately.
    Our address : 61 Alexandra Terrace, #07-05/06 Harbour Link Complex, Singapore 119936

• Ro
      Mar 13, 2019

@Iris Iris That why it is Singpost Limited. The jobs they do are limited.