Silverleaf Resorts / foreclosure
After 13 years of ownership and $8400 worth of payments, Silverleaf foreclosed on my timeshare. For the past 5 years Silverleaf has been trying to get me and my ex-husband to upgrade on our current deed because under the new management we have much more benefits than the new owners. They have tried many tactics to get us to upgrade so when I fell behind on the maintenance dues by $200 they took the opportunity to foreclose. Also, upon my divorce to my husband the Court awarded me the timeshare and Silverleaf told me that I had to get a sealed and certified Divorce Decree to prove my ownership solely. I did as they asked and drove over 100 miles to take the document and once I got there they said no that's not sufficient and I had to turn around and drive back to Dallas. Since they did not remove Shawn as owner he should have been the one who was served with the paperwork for the foreclosure but he had no idea what occurred until I informed him. I spoke with the legal dept at Silverleaf who asked me if I had the $200 to pay which I told her I did; Bobbie (her name) told me that she would call me back and give me the information which she never did. What she did do was just send me a copy of the foreclosure letter. I'd like to sue them and would like to know what document to file. I will do research myself as I am a graduated Paralegal with over 5 years of experience and education. I
wanted to file here as well. Please help, I will be truly grateful.
Laura Hamilton - 214.929.4943
More Silverleaf Resorts Complaints & Reviews
- Silverleaf Resorts - I stopped paying! 
- Silverleaf Resorts - scam 
- Silverleaf Resorts - consumer fraud / scam 
- Silverleaf Resorts - silverleaf resorts 
- Silverleaf Resorts - waste of time / misleading 
- Silverleaf Resorts - charges for bonus time
- Silverleaf Resorts - charges for bonus time 
- Silverleaf Resorts - silverleaf wrong social security numbers (beware)
- Silverleaf Resorts - transfer of timeshare billing paperwork mixed up
- Silverleaf Resorts - interest may be being assessed improperly, and have been trying to get a statement for almost two months!