Silverleaf Resorts / A scam and waste of money

Silverleaf Resorts
I have been reading numerous complaints about Silverleaf Resorts and 'yes' I was one of their victims about 15 years ago. I purchased a biannual - odd - and have only got to use the resort about 4 times. I have finally paid the balance off but continue to pay monthly maintenance fees (even on the even years when I can't use it) and they continue to raise the price. I have contacted numerous timeshare sellers and most of them will not even think about listing it until you pay at least $500.00 for advertisement. I think they know it won't sell. I get calls monthly for a free weekend for them to try and entice me into upgrading but believe me I will not fall for that scam again. I can't stop paying the maintenance fees because it will reflect on my credit report. Please, beware of the scam.

A  12th of Feb, 2009 by
Silverleaf provides misleading information. As an owner, I have been trying to correct a number of membership errors that have cost me thousands of dollars. They continue to "upgrade" our account in the efforts to provide the ultimate vacation package but in the end the only thing they accomplish is increasing dues and a higher interest rate for the upgrade.
If you are an owner, do not fall into the trap of upgrading your ownership on a promise that you will be locked in to an exclusive VIP status. All you will end up doing is increasing the term of the loan with a higher interest rate and you will still end up fight for a room just like the rest of us. If you notice all of the improvements they have made are on the surface. They still have alot of lodges and older unites on site, yet they continue to build elaborate member service offices while the club houses are falling apart. Why do you thing that is?
The best advise I can give you is do not believe anything you hear at member service or the sales dept. It is all a scam. They tell you what you want to hear just to get your signature. I am speaking from experience, do not believe what they say.
A  16th of May, 2009 by
In addition to the annual dues, which i paid at the beginning of the year, I recently recieved 2 invoices 2 days apart for a "special Assessment.' No explanation as to what the "special assessment" for.
N  16th of May, 2009 by
Silverleaf Resorts is scamming money out of members. Of course I regret purchasing a timeshare. The company have begun sending me 2 bills in as many days for "special assessment." I pay my annual dues at the beginning of the year in one payment. This company sent me 2 separate bills 2 days apart with no explanation as to what the special assessment was for. Of course I reported this to the FTC. After I've repeatedly told them not to call me with their marketing call, they still insist on doing so. I think others who experience this sort of scam should report it to the FTC or the state attorney general's office

Silverleaf Resorts Logo Silverleaf Resorts