Silver Leaf Resorts / Bait and Switch Practice

1 IL, United States

Seriously, don't buy from these people!!! I have been a member since July 2008 and it was the worst mistake of my life so far.They showed me the resort in Illinois and sold me a timeshare in Missouri..classic bait and switch!!! I have since filed a complaint with the attorney generals office and am waiting to see what the next step is. I will not allow them to take anymore of my hard earned money!!!They will tell you anything to get you to close the deal! Lie and say they will help you sell it or say that it's deeded real estate so it will go up in value. I didn't know that there were annual association fees until we started signing the contract. The manager was taking so fast about what the timeshare entailed that I was so confused by the end of the pitch and had to have him explain it again. On top of that, within a few days after we signed on the dotted line the guest services reps started calling 2-4 times a day to get a contact list from us or to get us to come to new members orientation!!! It was a major turnoff. Not only were they calling me but they would harass my fiance too. You'd think we owed them money or something! We have been paying every month for our membership almost $200 plus the $675 down payment to start it and haven't been back since, and didn't even use the free trip and gas that lured us in there. All the complaints about the sales people being pushy is soo true, maybe even understated!!! These people are relentless. They "fear of loss" you over the head!! And if the sales rep doesn't get you then they send out the managers for the really hard sell. I ask myself how can they sleep at night knowing that they are liars and cheats? They prey on the naive and unsuspecting. They will smile in your face and make the place seem so warm and inviting, but once the paperwork is signed you never hear from the original person you dealt with again not even to see how things are going. Timeshares are such a rip!! You pay all this money to use the thing once a year and you don't even get to choose when. Please learn from my mistake and run far far away from these people.