[Resolved] Silv Communications / Billing for services never requested

223 west 28 streetHialeah, FL, United States Review updated:
4.2
Phone: 3058881043
these people from Silv Communications are billing me for services I never requested, approved or otherwise allowed. They collect their funds through AT&T and through a company called USBI. They charged me $92 and the next month $185.24. I filled a complain with the FCC and the Product Service Commission but AT&T clearly plays "innocent" in all this. AT&T makes your illing so complicated and allow so many people to contact you trying to confuse you more, sell you more services you don't need and even have third party callers sell you stuff that you don't even know what hits you. I know I have rejected every single attemp to sell me more stuff but somehow they got through and are now stealing money from me. I checked on google and found out I am just one more in thousands and thousands being scammed by USBI and Silv Communications. I will act and this public report is a first step to stop these people from USBI and Silv Communications from scamming good working people.

Resolution statement

Silv Communication Inc. customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the client have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where company image and it's services are concerned.
Lu

Comments

Ro
  3rd of Nov, 2008
Misrepresentation of phone agent stating that they "were" AT&T. Contact AT&T - Played dumb/innocent. switched back to AT&T, they waived early cancellation fees - Good. Located Silv Website and contacted by phone citing fraud, cancellation, and dispute of charges. Previously contacted USBI - note this... same answering recording as Silv. Smells fishy. They are supposed to contact me in 3-5 business days with a "recording" . . . I know it doesn't exist. Anyways, here is their number.

Silv Communication Inc.
3460 wilshire blvd. Suite 1103
Los Angeles, CA 90010

Tel: 1-888-723-2199
Fax: 1-213-381-7711
Ti
  23rd of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Just got off the phone with a Lola from Silv.
I called disputing the "arrangements" and billing for a service that was presented as an alternate and upgrade to the current long distance service I currently have with AT&T. The phone solicitor gave the distinct impression that Silv was an upgrade to the already in place carrier(AT&T).
First, she made me wait on hold while she listened to the recording of the "order". She then came back on the line to tell me that the recording did indeed confirm the company as Silv and the service as that which I have been billed for. HUH? That wasn't the issue.
The issue is this...they give the impression that they are with AT&T and that the service is the same, only better. Now, why would anyone need two long distance carriers? Lola then said I needn't talk so slow, that she wasn't ###ed. I replied that talking slow isn't an inference that she was ###ed. She then said, 'I'm terminating the call" and hung up on me. I called back. She said she hung up because I called her ###ed. OK...now I'm beginning to wonder, maybe she is?
The point is this...BEWARE. This company is full of bullsh...
AT&T has jumped in bed with so many scam artists over the years, this is just one more to add to the list. And the bill comes attached, in the same format, same coloring, same envelope as theirs. Most people will just pay, thinking nothing of it. If it looks like AT&T?? is it? They are banking on it, literally.
Thanks for reading.
Tina Miller
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I'm a small business owner and got a call from "Michael" who supposedly worked for AT&T. He said due to competition in my area, they were offering discounts to small businesses to retain accounts. Ok, now I realize that's too good to be true.

Turns out I've been billed for $85+ for long distance from USBI, on behalf of Silv Communications. I repeatedly said during my conversation that I did not need long distance service. "Michael" said fine, this is for local only. I realize it's no use going to the tape, because with today's technology, they can splice together anything they want to hear.
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
Did a bit of research. Silv has lost at least one case, in Michigan, where they were required to pay $50, 000 in damages. In addition, I found two FCC orders requiring Silv to refund charges to two complainants. Here are the links:

I'll be using these as ammo when I demand my refund.
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Update (I know you were all eagerly waiting for this): I just got off the phone with Silv. I cancelled the service and requested a refund.

As many have noted on /link removed/ Silv was happy enough to cancel service, but said they couldn't issue a refund if the service order was placed. They said they would review the tapes for that confirmation. I told the representative that I did indeed offer authorization for a change of service, but that it was for local phone and I specifically requested no change to long distance. I said I knew the tape would be edited to only include the change request. I then asked to speak to a supervisor.

I was put on hold, and to my surprise, the rep said she spoke to her supervisor and was authorized to issue the refund. Now I just need to wait for my next bill to see if it was issued.
Bu
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I too, was scammed by Silv. Just got off the phone with woman who told me she would cancel my services, but not refund any amount billed, which started in July of 2008. Yes, I should have noticed the increase, but at the moment they "crammed" me, I had ordered three other phone lines from at&t. So I simply thought it was part of the new bill, new services. Not to be. These guys are sharks and we can't let them get away with it. How do would I begin to file a complaint? Better business bureau, hire an attorney (can't afford one) or show up at their offices ready to wait for hours until I get a refund? Anyone's thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated. thank you.
  3rd of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
The same SILV COMMUNICATION situation happened to me where a representative stated they were from ATT and would reduce my current long distance charges by 30%. Of course I agreed - sign me up! After reviewing my expenses 3 months later, I find that my ATT bill has almost doubled. I am now being charged $92/month for what ATT is currently charging me $17/month.

I called ATT to cancel and switch back to ATT Long Distance which they promptly did and told me that they have taken care of everything. Well they didn't. Another 3 months go by and I see that SILV COMMUNICATION (THROUGH USBI) is still billing me $92/month PLUS the ATT $17/month. I called ATT and they now tell me that I needed to call SILV COMMUNICATIONS directly to remove these charges.

I called SILV today and, as expected, they told me that they cannot credit me as I did not call them directly. I cancelled my service and am lodging a formal complaint with the FCC (http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm) against SILV and ATT (ATT is obviously benefitting from the increased cashflow and use of the SILV customers cash (float) so they are being named as well.

I URGE EVERY HARDWORKING PERSON AND BUSINESS WHO HAS BEEN BURNED BY THESE CHEATS TO FILE A COMPLIANT WITH THE FCC AND THEIR STATE'S ATTORNEY GENERAL. WE WILL NOT WIN AS INDIVIDUALS BUT AS A GROUP WE WILL PREVAIL.
  3rd of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
One more thing... IN ADDITION TO COMPLAINING TO THE FCC AND YOUR STATE'S ATTORNEY GENERAL, PLEASE LODGE YOUR COMPLAINT TO THE CALIFORNIA STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL AT http://ag.ca.gov/contact/complaint_form.php?cmplt=CL.

I filed complaints to all 3 agencies online in about 15 minutes. PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO STOP THESE LIARS, CHEATS AND THEIVES!!!
Br
  8th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Silv Communications recently billed our small business for one month of long distance phone service that was not requested. I recall speaking to a tele rep who began his conversation with the statement that he was calling regarding varification of phone service, giving me the impression that he was varifying information about our current telephone service provider. He spoke so rapidly, I was unaware that the purpose of the call was to switch providers.
In addition, call came shorty after we moved the company to a new location, which only reinforced my understanding that the purpose of the call was to varify our current status with our provider. He spoke so rapidly that I was unaware that the purpose of the call was to switch service from our current provider to Silv.

When I called Silv to clarify that I had no intention of switching carriers, their rep provided a play back of the tapped conversation I had with him. (I do not recall that rep even mentioning that the conversation would be tape recorded.

Even after listening to the play back, I could not detect the hidden purpose was to get me to approve the change, nor did the caller make clear to me that the at any time that he was calling on behalf of Silv.

In addition, the total amount billed by Silv for the month was $123.87 for no more than 8 calls which lasted about 2 minutes each.
Dr
  6th of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I just found out that Silv authorized Qwest to transfer the long distance service for my fax line to William local network. My long distance fax stopped working and relayed the message that our line had been terminated. I have not yet received a bill, but will definitely not pay for this. It makes me angry that someone has the authority to make changes on my account without my knowlege. This is a breech of hippa, and a form of identity theft and should be treated as such.
Mr
  4th of Feb, 2010
Mike Silv: mike_silv@yahoo.com
Al
  19th of Jul, 2010
SCAM ARTISTS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  21st of Sep, 2010
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
i am talking to a rep from silv as i write this. she says she is going to listen to the recording where i supposedly agreed to let silv add there long distance to my residential line as well as my business line. she has finally come back on the phone with the recording where i guess i did agree to the salesman for my business line, but it sounded like they added in the res.number to the agreement.(sounded newer and clearer than the rest of the recording) i did cancel and received (we'll see in a month or two) a 3 month credit to my res line only. my business line will have to take a hit i reckon. i just happened to throw out my senators name and that his campaign manager is a friend of mine, and holy cow, a refund for the last 3 months on that 1 line. i will be filing a formal complaint with the nc state attorney and i will talk to my senator's campaign manager about this. USBI handles all the billing and they are in on this also. my phone company, CENTURY LINK, is in on this also. good luck ou there to everyone thats having problems with these leeches. whats bad about all this is i was told that they all have FCC approval to do what they are doing. good luck, Rick owner JIVING JAVA COFFEE SHOP.
Co
  22nd of Sep, 2010
Here's one more to add
Silv Communications
3460 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angles, CA 90010

Dispute Department

My dispute is with your company regarding 610.539.2800. I never authorized your company or any other company to switch the long distance carrier as Verizon provides free long distance service. Why would I pay extra for the long distance service?

Your representative misrepresented by stating that they are calling to verify the service and that we could give a discount on your bill. I am not sure how you guys are legally able to CON so many businesspersons who are busy at work. I am promptly looking for a refund for the months I was billed (june – sept.) before this month end.

If no communication is received, I will file my complaint against your company with the FCC, PA state attorney and CA state attorney. Finally, I will join thousands of others who are burned by the same scam at https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/silv-communications-c109705.html

I am sure you are used to seeing these kinds of rants from people before. How do you continue to work in a place like this?

One angry Conned person
raj
Jm
  6th of Jun, 2016

Silv Communications - Billed for service I never asked for
Automotive
Illinois

Same story as others, but I am so mad, I need to vent. Business phone rings, they represent themselves at ATT. Tell me they are going to lower my bill because of the competition in town. I ask them several times that they are indeed ATT. "Oh yes..trust me." I should have hung up right then! I consider myself smart, and can't believe I was scammed! They ask you a few normal simple questions that you reply "yes" too. They then record this, cut and paste your voice, and put in their own words later. When you get your ATT bill, you now have a min. $80.00+ charge from SILV communications on it, which you never wanted, or asked for!!! ATT was quite nice, and will give you the SILV Communications phone number. When you call the SILV number, be aware...they are extremely RUDE! They are mean, and full of lies. This is the biggest scam company I have ever seen. So they tell you you did order the service from them, and they call you in 3-5 days to "prove" it. This is when you hear somebody talking about SILV and asking you if you want the service etc. THEN you hear your own voice saying Yes, because they have copied and pasted your voice. I WAS FURIOUS! I even told ther lady I don't know how she sleeps at night working for this horrible company. She then acted as if she has never heard this "scamming" complaint before from anybody. Where I stand now is ATT charges the amount back to SILV/USBI company. So I am at least in good standing with ATT. The ATT guy did say they will probably take the charges to a collection agency. This is just so unfair, and I can't believe they can get away with this!!! We work to hard for our money hear to give it away to this fraud. I just hope others read this, and learn about this company. I don't want them to scam anybody else out of their money. They need ot be stopped. They actually do have some law suits out on them now.
Ad
  6th of Jun, 2016
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I am interested in filing a class action lawsuit against this company. I spoke with our local AG and she suggested it. Interested??

Silv Communication Inc. Logo Silv Communication Inc.
Overall Satisfaction Rating