Shutterstock Images / Terrible company!
I purchased a 1 month shutterstock account (costing $200) because they are one of the biggest stock photo sellers out there, and it seemed alot more economical than IStockphoto which is currently very expensive. Don't get me wrong, they are a great value if you don't mind:
1. Quite a few 'error' situations that arise - some of the photos I tried to download were 'not available' or just plain errored out when I'd attempt to download them. It also sucked up one of my daily points that I was allocated for my 25 downloads a day. When I contacted them about the problem photos, they told me they could 'load them fine and it must just be me'... doubtful.
2. One day after my first complaint about the above, they shut down my account and everytime I tried to download photos a huge FBI warning screenshot came up. The treated me like a CRIMINAL for no reason. I called them and asked what the hell was going on. They said they got a charge back notice from my bank WHICH THEY DID NOT. They never gave me a reason for this 'error' and said 'oops, our mistake' then switched me back on. They also said this happens occasionally on 'various' accounts. What kind of crackheads do they have working for them!?
3. I had ordered a backup CD set before I closed my account (I really had it with their poor customer service). The CD set was supposed to be shipped within 7 days of the end of the 1 month account period ending. 7 days went by, then more days... I emailed them and asked them where my CDs went to! (Almost a month later). They did not give me an explanation and said we will 'reprint' you a set. 7 days later I did get my CD set and 2 of the CDs were severely damaged! (to the point of being unreadable) and it wasn't from shipping either, it was from the poor discs they used that the substrate was flaking off!! I called them back on the problem on 3/28/08 and spoke to 'Patrick' who refused to let me speak to a manager and said they can 'reprint' me a set taking another 7 days. I told him this was UNACCEPTABLE and I'd like a refund and my CDs shipped to me FedEx or something. So we'll wait and see if they actually intend to CARE about me as a customer... I seriously doubt it by their track record.
I would think twice before doing business with this weak a*s company.
More Shutterstock Images Complaints & Reviews
- SHUTTERSTOCK.COM NEW YORK - unauthorized debit 
- Shutterstock - Can't cancel plan 
- STK Shutterstock - Deducting $49
- Shutterstock - Unauthorised credit card charges
- Shutterstock - auto-renewal/cancellation 
- Shutterstock - auto renewal
- Shutterstock - automatic opt-in for auto-renewal
- Shutterstock - Shutterstock is charging for renewal even if option is turned off
- Shutterstock - Auto renewal
- Shutterstock - They scammed me and stole my money!