Shell Vacations Club / Misleading pushing salespeople

Shell Vacations sales staff used questionable tactics and pressure tactics to try and sell an owner/time share. They talk of 5250 "points" as if they were dollars by subtracting the $679 management fee when in fact (their words) the points were convertible to $ at a 5 to 1 ratio that is 20 cents. Now my annual 5250 pts. $1050. Minus $679 management fee is worth $371 a year.

This for $23, 000 works out to 1.6%. If the value of the points stays at 20 cents and the maintenance does not rise. Who decides the value of the points? At 13 cents /point you earn 0%.

Put your money in a G.I.C. and go where you want when you want.

Va

Comments

• Al
      17th of Sep, 2008

hey in 2009 Shell Vacation Clubs will be starting their association FEE to go along with their maintenance FEE, housekeeping FEE, club FEE, elite FEE, annual FEE, reservation FEE, R.C.I. FEE, parking FEE, convenience FEE, transaction FEE, air conditioning FEE just too name a few. If you love paying endless FEES and get excited about hidden costs then i recommend buying into Shell Vacation Clubs. With Shell Vacation Clubs a vacation will costs thousands of dollars more than it should. Since i bought with Shell Vacation Clubs, i have been able to throw money away continuously. BUYER BEWARE with SHELL VACATION CLUB

• Do
      20th of Sep, 2008

Hello guys Please JOIN my Facebook Group called. ..I bet i find 10, 000 People that hate Shell Vacations Time Share! It is time that People out there find out what a rip off and scam Shell Vacations is! Lets find all the people and join the board so the Internet itself will spread the word across the U.S and let the truth SHINE!

Here is the link to my group.

The Group is called
    I BET I FIND 10, 000 People that HATE Shell Vacations Club Time Share!

• Pe
      19th of Nov, 2008

So we all hate shell vacations...my question is how do you get out from under it?

how do you stop paying the fees and the other costs...my wife and I have paid our loans...yes we were stupid more than twice (dont go there) but now that we are paid off...how do you extract yourself from these fees...this side of bankruptcy?

P

• St
      6th of Dec, 2008

We filed a complaint with the IL BBB, we also sent a lengthy letter through email to shell about our complaint. Of course we haven't heard back from them, it's been over a week. Here's a list of email addresses I found on-line, maybe if we bombard them with emails we can get our money back. These are employees from the CEO to Human Resources. Good Luck!
    awang@svc-west.com
    dglickstein@ shellvacationsllc.com
    sjones@ shellvacationsllc.com

• Kr
      26th of Mar, 2009

You know I've read all of these comments. I have to tell you, I've been an owner for 8 years. My sister owns as well. My friends beg me to use my p0ints in Whistler and San Fran and Now Napa. I've had a nice experience with this company. I own in Hawaii. I call shell-10 and book into san fran and sandiego and Whister during skii season usually 6 months or less in advance. I do not have outragious problems using this. As for the HOA's the person was spouting off about above, that is the most rediculous thing I've ever heard! I love the Kauai Coast Resort and they just put 508, 000.00 worth of new roofs on the buildings, added Flat screen tv's and new dvd players to EVERY ROOM, New beds, new curtains...If the MF's go to the Management, then how the heck did they afford to put all that together? Educate before speaking. PLEASE!

19th of Jun, 2009

my husband and i bought into this line of wonderfulness also. i love how the fees keep rising . my biggest complaint is that we were told that they were putting an indoor pool, a game room/family room and would be getting horses. some place that we could go to and do things with our children, the whole reason we bought this. none of this has come to be. we have yet to use the time share in the 3 years we have owned it. it is nothing but a disappointment and we were lied to and i am not the only one who was sold this bill of goods.