Sharp LC-37D6U LCD TV / Faulty

1 NC, United States Review updated:

SHARP knows that there is a problem with the LC-37D6U Audio going out and the set that I have was given to me as a gift. The audio had already gone out on it. My friend gave it to me instead of placing it in a landfill somewhere. I am trying to get a replacement AV unit to install in the set and SHARP wants to send me to a repair center. Sharp technical bulletin LCDTV-194 was not sent out to everyone that had purchased the sets and therefore the sets went out. SHARP SHOULD HAVE done a recall on the blessed thing as soon as they found out about the problem or at least contacted consumers and offered a free replacement part. I am very capable of installing a part that simple, however SHARP doesn't want consumers to do such things. I am very dissatisfied with SHARP products and to keep this unit from ending up in a landfill somewhere, I will found a replacement part for it, however I WILL NOT PURCHASE ANY SHARP PRODUCTS IN THE FUTURE. SHARP cannot stand behind their products, then they should not sell them!

Ph

Comments

• Da
      28th of Jan, 2009

Jan 27 2009. My LC-37D6U was losing audio upon start up. Reboot cable box and all was well. Eventually reboot didn't solve and connected directly to cable and still no audio, therefore tv is the problem. All of above ocurred over a period of 2 weeks. TV is 3 yrs old and under warantee for 4 yrs. Called store where I purchased. Service folks scheduled repair date and came a day early due to impending snow storm. TV repaired in less than one hour by replacing insulating pad in buried audio section. Tech mentioned Sharp service bulletin is out for this issue. Repair service called the next day to verify TV was still running ok. I've owned other Sharp products and will continue to buy. In this case my expense for an extended service contract, 3 yrs ago when large LCD's were new, was worth the money. Remember folks, you generally get what you pay for. I paid for extended service and got prompt service and problem resolution. Enough said, there is no free lunch out there.
    Comment: However, I love Mitsubishi TV's and I have two that are still going great after 25+ years and were run 5-6 hours daily w/o any service/repair. Hope this Sharp does as well.