Sharaf Dg Bahrain / return of camera nikon

1 Bahrain Review updated:

Hi
I WAS one of the good customer of Sharf DG Bahrain and Dubai.
Few days back I bought one camera ( Nikon ) for one of my friend as birthday Gift, unfortunately he said he will not take the gift worth BD 560/- . I went back to Sharf DG the next morning to return them, but they where not ready to do refund the money. After so much request one of the customer service guy said let he speak to my Manager and then I will let you know . The camera was checked and inspected by there sales and service manager before the decided anything.They said everything is intact and perfect, then only they will give gift coupons. After approx 2 hours he said they will take it back but they will deduct 10% from the price and they will not give cash .Finally they gave me Gift Vouchers worth BD 503 ( after deduction openalty). I would like to know why did they deduct 10% on the bill . . .R they into some kind of second hand product business. If they where deducting 10% then why they didn't give cash or reversed my credit card.
Customer satisfaction level is not so gr8.
Now I am struggling to get rid of those gift coupons . . . Request your help for the same. . .
Regards

Comments

• Tk
      16th of Dec, 2008

They are like that . . .

11th of Feb, 2009

If you really returned within 24 hours they shouldn't deduct 10% coz i had faced same problem when I was in dubai at CARREFORE but they gave me gift coupen without any deduction within half an hour...
    You are right my friend their customer service is not satisfactory.
    even behaviour of security, sales personnel is not well trained...

11th of Feb, 2009

You should refund money...

• Cu
      12th of Feb, 2009

I also had the same experience. I bought a wireless keyboard for around BD.40 and I returned it (I never used it) for exchanging with a bluetooth keyboard of BD.85 and they have not accepted it. Then I had to bought another bluetooth keyboard and my wireless keyboard is still with me unused. The customer service of Sharaf DG, Bahrain is very very bad though they have good collection of electronic items.

• Le
      12th of Feb, 2009

They are doing the same here in Dubai. I brought one Philips DVD/Hard disk Recorder. And when I try to change the brand by next day they try to steal 25% amount from me. Finally I decided to keep it with a strong decision that I will not purchase anything from them and will always recommending their competitors to all my friends and relatives by hoping all drops will become a major flood one day.

• Ob
      14th of Feb, 2009

You people seem shocked at how crappy Customer Service is in Bahrain (and the fourth-world in general)? Bahrain has NO Customer Service, no ethics and no understanding on how to deal with customers at all! The lack of knowledge in any service-related industry is beyond a joke. It's like you are dealing with a bunch of three year olds. (They ARE, in fact - emotionally and developmentally!)

Buy elsewhere and import it because the crap service, crap quality of products, and crap waste of time buying these crappy things only ages you.

Take their money then spend it elsewhere. Greedy ###.

• Ob
      14th of Feb, 2009

Oops I meant to say that the "Customer Service" people, the managers, the store owners, and the higher-ups are the greedy ###. It sounded like I meant the consumers were but the customers are the ones getting screwed by the owners, etc, who ARE greedy ###!!

• Fr
      2nd of Mar, 2009

I HAVE BEEN T SHARAF DG. I KNOW THE SERVICE IN THIS SHOP IS VERY BAD. EVEN THE MANAGER WANTS ONLY MONEY. BUT THE OWNER IS A VERY NICE GUY, I KNOW HIM AND I A THINKING ABOUT TELLING HIM ABOUT THE CONDITION OF HIS SHOP IN BAHRAIN. BUT HE WILL BE SAD ABOUT IT THAT IS WHY I AM NOT TELLING HIM.

• Ra
      9th of Mar, 2009

I AGREE, THEY MANAGE THIER SHOP JUST LIKE MANAGING A SMALL CONVIENIET STORE!!! I never like thier service, would even bothered to buy from them.

Customer service is never a priority, they treat you as you are begging from them to get YOUR MONEY BACK!!!

Compare this shope to Amazon.com, once i was sent a defulted PS3 and after contacted them they have sent me a new one without even asking me to return the old PS3. unfortunetly trust is missing on sharaf dg and i wont spend a cent that shop.

stupid management!!

• Ce
      20th of Apr, 2009

i agree, , their customer service SUCKS ! i wonder what is the use of having a customer sevice phone number where NO ONE'S ANSWERING A CALL but computer answering machine directing you to an operator after long time hanging but NO AVAIL !!! you really SUCKS guys!!!

• Pi
      5th of May, 2009

Yes I truly agree with almost everything here in Sharafs..they sucks big time..The customer service has no ethics and all they care is to sold theyre products and beyond that theyre become ###s..I would highly recommend to buy somewhere else or if you still wanna buy there..think hard so you wont get through the return and exchance process coz its sucks and theyre ###ing ### doesnt know how to succeed to their customer satisfaction..The management has to solve this before its too late..

• Mo
      15th of May, 2009

I totally agree…
    Is seem that two of that they have this business culture at DG Sharaf.
    Bad service and incompetent staff…
    Bad service: I bought a flash memory which turned to be defected and when I returned it – OH my god it I had to stand for one hour and move between their stuff which they did not know what the hell they were doing… incompetence which comes after ward…
    If any one of you want to know what is the definition of both go and buy from them or deal with there staff..

• Al
      15th of Jul, 2009

I was thinking like that only but when I went to Emax, they even refuse to change my Laptop with in 24 hours but i bought one camera from Sharaf dg they replace it and give a new one when their was some problem.
    But i will mention I think that they are are the best in market
    i am a happy customer of Sharaf dg
    Zafar Iqbal

• Li
      17th of Aug, 2009

I decided to downgrade my vaio laptop to Windows XP from Vista. I was advised to go to Sharaf DG at Time Square, which I really do regret. The technician spoke to me and my husband and told us that he could save my data and replace it when he installed Windows XP, he also asked us if we needed Office or Home Edition. My husband asked him 'why what's the difference of the two', the technician told us that if you want to connect to a network then choose office, and as we only needed it for home use we chose Home Edition.

After calling and calling for 2 days and each time promised it would be ready soon, I was finally told to pick up my laptop. With my experience over the phone it was tragic, and found that with each person I spoke to they had the same attitude, arrogance and that they knew better than their customer. Yesterday I picked up my laptop only to find that ALL my soft ware was removed, including Norton Virus. I was furious as the technician didnt relate that information to me. However the technician told me 'you should know that we do not re-install software'. I didnt know. As I lost my job that same day, I begrudgingly handed over Aed700.00. To make matters worse, when I got home I found that no MS word, Exel or other basic MS windows software was uploaded. I immediately picked up the phone and spoke to a guy who told me that all the staff have gone home and to call back tomorrow, I was livid.

So today I am going back to DG Sharaf to demand my money back or have them install the full software. I am still going to have to buy a new Norton virus software (I didnt keep the CV but I have the product key which doesnt work without the CD). So I feel I have lost out on the whole experience with DG Sharaf.

The service is probably the worse service I have come accross in my 12 years of living in Dubai, be aware of the staff, they are sneaky, unprofessional and dont know how to communicate to their customers.

Please excuse any spelling mistakes I would normally run it through MS word and spell check, but unfortunately I took my laptop to Sharaf DG and they removed my software for free!!! So expect the unexpected from them.

13th of Sep, 2009

I agree with Lisajayne's comments . I gave my son's Acer laptop to Sharaf DG Time Square for repairs as the LCD went blank within 1 year of the purchase. At the time of hand-over of the laptop to the so called Customer< don't > Care section of SDG, I was told that one of SDG Customer care agents will contact me in 2 to 3 days time to give repair cost as the warranty period has expired(a few days back)
    A week went by but no call from SDG. At the beginning of 2nd week I managed to contact the Time Square, after dialing 100 plus times, as usual I was promised that someone will contact me with the repair cost. That someone took another week to call me. As I had enough with the Customer< don't>Care of SDG, I told SDG that I just want the laptop back without any repair and thank you very much!!! I was told to come after 2-3 days to collect the laptop.I went there after 3 days to collect it, to my dismay the laptop was not there to collect. As I don't wanted to drive 60+ Km up&down to the Time Square again and again, I requested them to send the laptop to SDG, Deira City Centre. No problem Sir, you can collect it from there tomorrow after 4 PM. After going through all these nonsense and crappy customer service, I didnt trust the collect after 4PM story. So, I gave them 3 full days and went to SDG Deira City Centre. I asked for my laptop from the Customer Care, with my service receipt in hand, the guy at the counter opened all cupboards and drawers at the counter, made few phone calls and said " sorry we are yet to get your laptop " and asked my home location, what for???? Ahhhhhaaa...for home delivery, the curse is over and I am getting my laptop delivered to home by SDG ( Customer Care, at last) Finally, after 5 weeks of torture, I got the laptop back, of course without any repair. What a wonderful service!!!

Happy news is that I got the laptop repaired from a shop in Bur Dubai within 2 hours for half the price quoted by SDG.

The MORAL of the story is...

• De
      24th of Sep, 2009

My friend you should get full money without deducting 10%.

I will suggest you to complaint to consumer department.

• Am
      12th of Nov, 2009

I totally agree with the comments made by the once upon a time customers of the Sharaf DG with regards to their response towards customer. I believe everyone took time to describe about their Bad/horrible experience at the sharaf...but no one gave suggestions as to solve the problem like where we have to complain (like costumer complain forum related to government) any suggestions related to this shall be highly appreciated

• Eg
      2nd of Dec, 2009

its more than a week my fridge not cooling after couple of calls(sharaf DG, Bahrain) and reminders no body has taken any seriousness towards my complains excepts false promises.as i believe they really don't know how satisfy customer.

Bahrain

• Gr
      13th of Jan, 2010

I am an employee at SDG. Speaking from experience I'd say that indeed the customer care of SDG leaves a lot to be desired. However, despite all the accolades being given to the SDG services (read negative) even the customers are at fault on occassions. Sometimes customers will deliberately tear their Sales Invoices and expect returns/refunds after creating a scene. Sometimes it's their own fault which renders a product dysfunctional like tampering with it or being careless around water/liquids. Our problems are further complicated by the suppliers' behavior. People with an exposure to Europe or USA customer services tend to have greater expectations of us while the fact remains that we have to deal with the local suppliers and it's not always easy to oblige them to do the needful. As far as the employees are concerned we're never at a liberty to resolve customer problems without taking into account the company policies and procedures. Hell we end up getting our salaries deducted at times if an item gets stolen from the shop (Keep in mind the fact that most floor staff are being paid peanuts when you take into account the kind of unruly customers we have to deal with). We have no say in the company's policies/procedures and we also don't design the marketing strategy (much of it is just avaricious gimmickry I admit). Please do keep in mind that we'd love to see a smile on the face of our customers when they leave, not as employees of SDG but as humans. On several occassions I have recommended customers to purchase certain items elsewhere when I feel the prices charged are unfair. However, we'd appreciate some empathy on part of the customers as well because the treatment meted to us is also NOT ALWAYS FAIR.

• Bj
      25th of Jan, 2010

dear all,

We have to understand onething... Dubai is a trading supportive country thts why they where safe in this tough time.Everyone talk about US/UK customer services (when we are customers not an owner of a retail shop)...these two areas are affected badly because of their blind customer supports and bluddy customers... they made their items bad and collected replacements from the shops/brands(sure, after shoutting or using bad words )

here, most of the people are saying about deductions or not accepting the items back, but no one is telling about their product conditions...these stupids are opening the brands packagings/seal/trying the products...
    what a retail company will do with this products??????????????????no one like to purchase an open products. In UAE Retail industry, they have only 2 options; 1) return the product to the supplier for a repacking with the repacking payment(15% of the price) if they have packing support here in UAE
    2)sell the product with a 20 or 30 % discounted price

Laptops/Cameras/mobiles are not exhanging as they have high chance to mishandle by customers of even by their friends or nightmates. Most of the cameras returing back by customers are damaged by sand(sand inside the lens unit), laptops are affected by virous or S/W correpted, mobiles are liquid damage or internal physical damages...dear friends, these all are not covered by warranty ...

please understand...think that you are in your own shop... or your fathers shop(if you have one)

cheers...