Sedgwickshort term disability denial

*Out of work since Oct 20 2016 - ongoing back pain, pinched nerve
*Am in the process of getting scheduled for another back fusion due to degeneration and a pinched femoral nerve going to the left leg. Original STD was denied due to Sedgwick saying they didn't get some Dr notes. I appealed and went to an extension, I sent in ALL chiropractic and Neurosurgeon notes excusing me from work until March 7th. I just got notified the appeal was denied as well.

I am in horrible pain almost every single day, some days I can barely get out of bed, walk up a few stairs, walk very far or sit for very long. Daily care is hard from putting on my sock or shoe needless to say showering and daily care. My days consist of in a recliner and constantly standing or sitting and moving around trying to get the pain to go away. Sleep is disrupted and limited to about 1 hour at a time. I have been going to PT for a few weeks now as well.

I got approved for November 2015 and paid, but did not get paid for Dec, Jan or Feb. So, needless to say, I cannot afford to stay home until my surgery, I am forced to go back to work and suffer and live in more pain due to the nature of my work, standing in one place, slightly bending over and sitting upright.

I would like this to be approved, I have doctors notes saying not to work and MRI results supporting my problem.

Ta
Mar 03, 2016

Comments

• Pa
      Mar 25, 2016

I am going through the same thing. I was hospitalized in July of 2014 was paid for 3 days. I returned to work in September. I was denied every time 4 doctors telling them I did not need to work I had no choice but to go back in pain. Same problem spinal fusion, Degenerative Disc Disease, Thorasic spine herniated and more. I am out again with this and sure I will be denied. You do have the right to request In writing all information they have on you. You will be surprised at what you will find in your file. They want to make sure you have been seen by a real doctor yet they have a nurse practitioner make the decision along with there hand picked non medical professionals. They had me working at Target and not my actual job. I had never worked at Target then they tried to tell me I did. I think I would know if I had ever worked there. They were extremely rude. I was in tears everyday your already in a struggle to survive and they make it worse. FMLA only covers you for 12 weeks. Sedgwick will tell you they are concurrent with the disability claim. That is a LIE. Ask to speak to the FMLA specialist. It will at least protect your job for 12 weeks after that it is up to employer to let you come back to work. I talked to HR at work that is a joke as well they are for the company. Basically we as the work force in America have very few rights.

• Al
      Jun 11, 2016

They dont care about anyone but there bottom line, once you get hurt and its bad, your damaged goods, they use your pain to incite fear and terror in other workers, so they are forcing you back to work, it is hard when you are so alone, but mighty is The God who watches over all