Sedgwick — short term disability denial
*Out of work since Oct 20 2016 - ongoing back pain, pinched nerve
*Am in the process of getting scheduled for another back fusion due to degeneration and a pinched femoral nerve going to the left leg. Original STD was denied due to Sedgwick saying they didn't get some Dr notes. I appealed and went to an extension, I sent in ALL chiropractic and Neurosurgeon notes excusing me from work until March 7th. I just got notified the appeal was denied as well.
I am in horrible pain almost every single day, some days I can barely get out of bed, walk up a few stairs, walk very far or sit for very long. Daily care is hard from putting on my sock or shoe needless to say showering and daily care. My days consist of in a recliner and constantly standing or sitting and moving around trying to get the pain to go away. Sleep is disrupted and limited to about 1 hour at a time. I have been going to PT for a few weeks now as well.
I got approved for November 2015 and paid, but did not get paid for Dec, Jan or Feb. So, needless to say, I cannot afford to stay home until my surgery, I am forced to go back to work and suffer and live in more pain due to the nature of my work, standing in one place, slightly bending over and sitting upright.
I would like this to be approved, I have doctors notes saying not to work and MRI results supporting my problem.
More Sedgwick Complaints & Reviews
- Sedgwick CMS - disability benefits 
- Sedgwick CMS - obtain my personal medical records without my authorization and permission 
- Sedgwick CMS - playing games 
- Sedgwick CMS - false complaint service 
- Sedgwick CMS - short term disability 
- Sedgwick Claims Management Services - service provided
- Sedgwick Claims Management - lack of service, delays, lies
- Sedgwick Claims Management - housing claim submitted
- Sedgwick - workers compensation 
- Sedgwick Claims Management - workers compensation