Secure Horizons / denied claims

1 UT, United States Review updated:

I bill for a LCSW in Salt Lake. We provided service to a person with a Secure Horizons Medicare replacement policy. The policy is supposed to cover care just as Medicare would. We submitted claims just as we have been doing to Medicare for the past 10 years. All claims were denied. We submitted an appeal in November of 2009. I just made my 11th call to the customer service department. I've spend hours on the phone with them trying to resolve this issue. The person I talked to today said that they never received the appeal we sent in--even though the past 10 people I talked to were able to pull it up and reference it. We will now be stuck with either sending a senior citizen an $1100.00 medical bill that should have been paid by her insurance company or writing off the balance. Our patient signed up for Medicare coverage by Secure Horizons in good faith and is now having legitimate claims denied by Secure Horizons that Medicare would have paid. Our office has done everything in our power to resolve this issue with Secure Horizons but after 11 phone calls and hours of wasted time, we are done trying and have resolved to warn others about this company's failure to honor their contract.

Sa

Comments

14th of Jul, 2010

I whole-heartedly agree with you. My father passed away in March and I am still going around and around with Secure Horizons to pay his ambulance bill and hospital bill. They are horrible and should not be allowed to continue to scam senior citizens.

• Ju
      22nd of Oct, 2012

I have been trying for 2 years to get Secure Horizons to pay numerous claims by hospitals and doctors. They have said I have another primary health insurance and refused to pay. I have sent them proof that I never had another insurance and was told that it would be taken care of, but it never gets paid. They say they don't know what the problem is, but they still refuse the claims. My records are supposed to be updated and correct in their system and now they can't tell me any reason for not paying. I honestly don't know what else to do. I can't and shouldn't have to pay these large bills when I was insured through them at that time and still am! I would welcome any suggestions. I don't know what to do now, I have collection agencies and billing Departments calling me and sending bills every week. Someone please save me from Secure Horizons!