[Resolved] Sears / misrepresented warranty!
I purchased a new top of the line die hard battery with 3 year free replacement from sears,4 months shy of three years the battery failed,went to sears for a replacement, the checked the battery, which has the date the warranty started, the warranty info and the sears name all over it, they would not give me a new battery because 3 years later i did not have a receipt, when originally purchased the salesman said i can go to any sears if there is a problem with the battery since it has all the info on the battery, he did not say i had to carry around a receipt for the life of the battery, i checked all other battery sales companies, interstate brand, wal mart, autozone delco, not one of theses companies require a receipt since the information is stamped into all batteries, i will never buy from sears again, what liars, they get out of there obligations by using the fine print clause somewhere. Buy a car battery from a company that believes in their product.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, Jan 31, 2014
Dear glenn esquivel,
We thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. You have come to the right place. I can see that we have caused some aggravation with the process that has taken place thus far. We’d like to speak with you, and have a dedicated case manager contact you about this experience. At your soonest convenience please send the following information – contact #, screen name (glenn esquivel), and phone # used at time of purchase to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to speaking with you soon.
Social Media Moderator
Social Media Support Team
More Sears Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- [Resolved] Sears Kenmore Elite Oasis Washing Machine - F1 error 
- Sears Brands - kenmore gas stove 
- Sears Brands - credit card/washer 
- Sears Master Protection Plan - refrigerator / freezer side by side 
- Sears Brands - appliance repair service
- Sears Brands - refrigerator