[Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Washer / what happened to a dependable product?

639 B Gravois Bluffs BlvdFenton, MO, United States Review updated:

Our Kenmore Elite clothes washer had a pump go out after 3 years of use and we were charged $201.25 to have it replaced. I understand that the warranty has passed and I was not expecting it to be repaired at no charge but $201.25!!!! I contacted Sears and was told those are the charges have a nice day. No offer was made for a lower repair. Maybe I am to demanding. To pay half as much as you paid for the washer new for repair, that is crazy. What happened to a dependable product?

Resolution statement

Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, Sep 24, 2010
Dear unhappy customer P,

My name is Scott and I'm with Sears Cares Escalations. I found this post and wanted to reach out to offer some help. I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble your Kenmore washer is causing as well as the difficulty with our repair technician & department. I know it's difficult and inconvenient being without a washer, but even more frustrating not being able to get it repaired when you thought you were going to. When we service your appliances, it's Sears' goal to exceed your expectations; we've obviously not achieved that goal. We'd like to help. At your convenience please contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.com so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the washer was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (unhappy customer P) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Scott J.
Sears Cares
Va

Comments

An
  3rd of Feb, 2008
I totally agre with you! I have an Elite Washer and Dryer and have had problems with both of them.

There should be a law against companies who sell products that become defective after normal useage. The repairs to my dryer cost over half of what I paid for it! (used only over a year)
My washer also had the water-pump repaired. Fortunately I was still covered under warranty.
I will not be buying any more Sears Appliances!
I'm retired and on a low-fixed income so unncessary repairs impacts me.
I'm Furious!
De
  11th of Feb, 2008
I bought the Elite Washer & Dryer less than 2 years ago. The sears repairman told me that all said and done and 85.00 dollars later it will cost over 1000.00 to repair the washer. They tried to say that it was the soap i was using that caused the bearing to go. I have only used HE detergent. I am very disappointed that Kenmore products are now known as Sub Standard after spending the thousands i did on this line.
Un
  22nd of Sep, 2010

Sears / Kenmore Elite Washer - Washer broken
Sears/Kenmore
New Jersey

I purchased a Kenmore Elite Washer and dryer over a year ago. There was a problem with with something getting stuck and making the machine leak and making a noise. We had it fixed. 2 weeks ago same problem happened again which is about a year later. They said he would be there between 10-1 and he wasnt. Called Sears several times and they never contacted me back that day. He finally came at 4pm when I had to take my daughter to the MD. My other daughter was there and let me talked to him. He was unpleasant when I first got on the phone. Said he would check it out, but then left and said he couldnt work on it since my daughter was 16. Meanwhile he didnt tell me this when I talked to him. I understand this policy and had my neighbor on standby but he left and said not to call me. I then had to reschedule and he cancelled again. Still without a machine and they will not be here for another week. Not only and I getting the run around. But they are very unhelpful. I purchase tons of appliance from Sears. But never again! They lost my business forever since they are unhelpful. Stinks that I just renew the warranty on it

Sears Brands Logo Sears Brands