Sears Kenmore Elite Trio / Door switch wire harness / Light Bulb Assembly

1492 N. Mountain AvenueClaremont, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (909) 625-1207
November 5, 2008
We also bought a Kenmore Elite Trio Model # 795.775 in August 22, 2006
This morning 11/05/08, we woke up to a burning smell in the kitchen. I opened up the refrigerator, the smell of burning plastic was from inside the refrigerator. I found the lens cover to the lights barely hanging to the fixture. It was melted around the edges. I took off the lens, and burned my fingers in doing so. The light sockets were burned and all my food on the top shelf was extremely hot to the touch. I figured the bulbs were the problem. I waited until they cooled down enough to get the bulbs out. I had to be sure not to wait to long or the plastic socket would cool to much and seal around the bulbs. I noticed that each of the bulbs are 60 watts, that make them 120 watts heating up a sealed unit and could start a fire. I got the bulbs out and found that all my food was warm and had to toss it out.
I also had a freezer icing problem as well. I believe that the light bulb is the issue in the freezer. So I took the out as well.

Kathleen McCall

More Sears Kenmore Elite Trio Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Rl
  4th of Jan, 2009

Sears Kenmore Elite Trio - Interior light

I have had the same problem as expressed by others concerning the interior light. The light would not turn off on two seperate occasions melting the fixture, spoiling food and nearly causing a fire. Both occasions were after the standard warranty had expired. I did not purchase the extended warranty because I believe a $2, 000 + applience shouldn't need one. Sears was only responsive in charging the $65 service charge, exactly the same story as I have read here... I refuse to pay to have someone come out, waste my time, then charge me more money to repair something that should never have broke. The only way to fix this problem is a complete recall. I filed a complaint with with the U.S Consumer Product Safety Commission and other who have this problem should do the same before a fire starts and possible lives are lost. In the meantime, I will not recomend Kenmore products to anyone, overpriced with no support.
He
  22nd of May, 2012

Sears Kenmore Elite Trio - Customer Service
Sears
Lake Dallas
Texas

My wife has been working with Sears support teams on trying to resolve an in-warranty issue with our 3.5 year old Kenmore Elite Trio and so far has been given an extremely poor customer service experience. (her post can be seen here: http://www.mysears.com/Appliances/topics/Kenmore-Elite-Trio-Sealed-System-Failed-in-3-Years-Customer-Service-RUN-AROUND/posts). Recently, we paid to have a technician come out after the unit stopped cooling. He diagnosed the issue as a problem with a leak in the SEALED SYSTEM and that the unit could not be repaired. The tech that someone would call and since then we keep getting promises to return calls and she has to keep following up. Today we are being told that $500 is all that can be offered to replace the unit that is defective in a portion of a system that is CLEARLY under a 5 Year Warranty. The Sealed System includes the compressor, the evaporator, and the condenser, plus the tubing that connects them. That means there is NO DOUBT that a LEAK in that system is covered by this warranty. I am finding it incredibly difficult to understand why we continue to get the run around, denials and poor customer service from the Sears that I have been buying from since the 80's.
Se
  24th of May, 2012
Good morning hectors,

I saw your post today and wanted to contact you. My name is Mike and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. I am sorry to see that you have had such trouble with your refrigerator. I realize how important it is to have a working refrigerator as it is used to store your food, drinks, and medicine. It appears that you have one of our Service Smart Agreements on your refrigerator, which allows up to a maximum of $500.00 toward the replacement of your unit under certain circumstances. I also see that you are concerned with whether or not the repairs necessary to your unit would be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty. We would be more than happy to discuss this with you. In checking our records, I see that your wife has had a case manager contact her in regards to these issues. I will forward this post to your case manager and request that your family be contacted so that we can come to a resolution in this matter as soon as possible. We realize how important your time is and I assure you that we will do everything in our power to come to a speedy resolution for you and your family.

Mike D.