SBI Credit Card / looting by sbi card

1 India Review updated:

I opted for Royal Sundaram's Hospital Cash Scheme through SBI Credit Card during 2005. SBI Card collected it as 12 installments. When the Royal Sundaram asked for continuation of the Scheme I agreed and an amount of 3665/- was included in the next months statement and I paid it promptly in the next payment in full without delay.

But to my surprise, in the next months statement, SBICARD has charged Rs. 1,122.00 as HO Cash Admin Fee without informing about such a cheat was utter despair and confusion regarding the payment of the amount shown the statement because:

1. SBI Card or Royal Sundaram have not informed me about this much huge administration fee. Later Royal Sundarm has told that they are not charging anything other than the premium amount of Rs. 3665.00

2. The Administration fees is very huge i.e., Rs.1,122.40/- for 3,665/- which is 31%. This much admin fee can not be justified for just passing the amount to Royal Sundaram.

Then I contacted the SBI CARD helpline and requested the person to cancel the admin fee or if not possible, cancel the card. He said to remit the rest of the amount excluding Rs. 1,122.40/-. When I checked with the help line on the next day, they said that my card has been cancelled and the admin fee can not be revoked. Hence I did not remit the bill amount.

I have not paid any further bills and not done any transactions on the cards.

CAN ANYBODY ADVISE ME WHAT TO DO ? What I have to do to solve this problem?

Comments

8th of Jul, 2007
    SBI Credit Card - Harassing calls from SBI
    India

This is you all bring in a notice that SBI Credit Card Collection Department spoke very harsh to me. I am holding a credit card with this bank. Ever month 2nd i get a call from the collection department for paying my minimum due , but let me tell you that as per my statement the due date falls on 21st of every month. The collection department call me everyday and forces me to do the payment immediately. I really don't understand then why do the have due dates.

IF ANY LAWYER IS READING THIS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT ACTIONS CAN BE TAKEN. I AM READY TO GO OUT OF MY WAY TO TEACH SBI A LESSON. I AM READY TO SPEND MONEY BEHIND THE CASE, BUT AT LEAST I WILL MAKE SURE OTHERS ARE SPARED OF THIS HORRIBLE TREATMENT METHOD OUT TO ME.

17th of Jul, 2008

Dear sir,
    I had applied for SBI credit card vide application no.S0004097767 on may 2008 through Mr.Rahul a representative of SBI meet me in the SBI, Chander Nager Branch, Lucknow.But till Today(17.07.08) I could not receive my card or any other information regarding my card.
    Please do The needful and send me all necessary information.
    Thankyou,