Santander Consumer USA / overpayment refund

1 TX, United States Review updated:

This company was over paid on a payoff of my traded vehicle. I have waitied patiently for over 45 days while I get nothing but rude coustomer service reps. No one seems to know what is going on in this company. They have the absolute worst customer service of any company I have ever dealt with. I have been dealing with this company for almost 5 years and I have NEVER had a satisfactory experience with thes people. No one can tell me if my refund has ever been processed or if it has been mailed. I was even told at one point, that my refund would be put back into my bank account within 72 hours. However, a week later, I was told that I was never told that. I even have the name of the agent who told me that. I was told that I was not allowed to speak with that agent to confirm. It seems that these people are giving me the run-around and telling me anything to get me off the phone, because I have called numerous time trying to get answers. I need answers!

Comments

• Fb
      30th of Nov, 2010

The car we financed initially through HSBC was totaled out during the summer of 2010. After all the insurance and I paid the car, I had an overpayment due me. Like you, I was given the run around and was bounced around between insurance and customer service. I can say that their policy is that 30 days after the final insurance payment has been received, they take another 15 days to audit the account and ensure that the insurance company hasn't stopped payment on the check. After calling them daily upon day 46, I learn that I have a $20 late fee. Please explain to me how a car that was paid off in August has a $20 late fee assessed in September and I do not receive a bill in October. I ask to speak to accounting and am told that no one can speak with accounting directly; an email is sent and accounting responds within 48 hours. Of course, there was never a response. I finally started demanding that when accounting is emailed, to include me on the email and gave my email address. When asked why, I replied "for my documentation so that when I present everything to the state attorney general, FTC, and my attorney, I have more complete notes. Amazing how quickly the fee was waived, my check was issued, and was overnighted to me. I don't know what bothered me more: no department could see my entire account or the fact that I would hear the same voices but be given a different name. I do know that in another thread, someone posted the names of the bosses in charge. If you haven't received a resolution, the email pattern is the first initial and last name @ santanderconsumerusa.com (for example, jdoe@santanderconsumerusa.com) and send an executive email carpet bomb (see The Consumerist website for more information).