Santander Consumer USA / customer service representatives

1 Clarksburg, WV, United States Review updated:

Santander consumer usa customer service representatives need to take a customer service representatives course. They are rude and unprofessional. No matter what the situation is customers are always right and you should go out of your way to listen to them and try to help the customer. Santander consumer usa has shown their unprofessionalism toward customers who are in good standing with their loans. My loan was switched to santander in september or october of 2009 and I did not receive notice of this switch until late december early january sometime. I am not pleased with santander consumer usa.

Cb

Comments

28th of Jun, 2010

Just horrible. I made an on line payment for $218.00 on June 23rd and printed out my confirmation. I called customer service the next day and spoke to representative who confirmed my payment of $218.00 was scheduled for June 25th. Today I checked my Santader account and saw that my account was charged $318.00 dollars instead of the 218.00 I requested. I called customer service and when I asked for an explanation the customer service representative became very rude and started screaming. I asked to speak to her supervisor who was even ruder. I told the woman that I had a print out that verified my payment of $218.00. She told me she couldn't do anything about it and it was my fault and she didn't care. I asked her again why an extra $100.00 was taken from my account and she started screaming at me and hung up. These people are just horrible and the company that employs them is even worse and is dishonest and should be fined for its fraudulent practices.

• To
      20th of Sep, 2010

From what I understand, Santander customer service reps and collectors are paid very very poorly and the working conditions are poor as well. Given that, there is near zero incentive for the reps to alter their behavior. Santander probably doesn't care as long as their labor costs are low. The only way go get something done is to bug the higher ups there, since it's clear the rank and file employees are unable and unwilling to do anything better...and the managers are there only to keep the employees in line.

• Be
      22nd of Sep, 2010

I called 'payment arrangements' for Citi Financial Auto and was shocked when I was transferred to Santander Consumer! I've NEVER heard of them before last week. 9/8/2010 I spoke to "Renaldo" asked to defer a payment. He said it was subject to "manager's approval" and tried to arrange an "alternate arrangement" with me. I insisted he pass it on to his manager, and he said to call back in 1-2 days. Appalled, I called back 2 days later 9/10/2010 and the woman I spoke with tried to arrange and "alternate arrangement" with me. I insisted on speaking with the manager whose name was "Carl". I explained to Carl that we are BOTH on LIMITED DISABILITY income, and we used the truck payment in an emergency to get BOTH Brakes and BOTH Rotors replaced. (Both brake pads turned out to be paper-thin rusty sheets!) He seemed to have trouble comprehending what I told him, although his English was excellent. To my dismay, Carl put me on 'hold' to 'see' if any deferrals were available. (As if it was a QUANTITY decision, when it was a matter of QUALITY customer service, which he was seemingly NOT TRAINED in!) He came back to the phone and told me there were NO deferrals available. He then tried to offer me the SAME
    "alternative arrangement" the previous 2 agents offered! **This "alternative arrangement" is to make the payment next month! This would be a "double payment" and it is impossible for someone like us on fixed income to accept!** (In thought to myself:) After telling Carl I can barely afford 1 payment, what makes him think I can afford 2 payments?? I let out a sigh, and informed him I did NOT like the "alternative arrangement." He said to "call closer to the due date" to make payment arrangements. (As if to get out of being flustered!)