San Jose Mercury News — jmn refuses to convert my subscription to digital / sunday only delivery
Over the last five weeks I have made at least six calls to Customer Service, who agreed to stop delivering my paper, except for Sunday, in favor of a digital subscription. But that was over a month ago, and I am still getting daily papers - and the refund I am due for prepayment has still not been charged back to my card.
The news division is great, but the business office is dishonest, incompetent, or (to be charitable) understaffed. Whatever excuse they may have, it is very bad business.See Top 10 Worst Companies in San Jose, CACustomer Service supervisors told me $304.25 of my automatic prepayment would be refunded, but that was over a month ago. It has not posted to my account, though Customer Service blamed the "Finance Department."
I live on Social Security, and I can no longer afford anything but a digital subscription. But if this goes on much longer, I'll cancel the paper altogether and file for my refund in Small Claims Court. I hate to do it, because it will cost SJMN attorneys a lot more than $300 to defend this case.
More San Jose Mercury News Complaints & Reviews
- San Jose Mercury News - annoying phone calls and repeat billings 
- San Jose Mercury News - high pressure sales tactics/automatic renewal 
- San Jose Mercury Newspaper - delivery problems 
- San Jose Mercury Newspaper - news delivery scam 
- San Jose Mercury News - incessant hang up calls
- Sanjose Mercury News - abusive, unethical and misleading sales practices 
- San Jose Mercury News - never delivered, but keeps charging, even after cancellation 1 yr later
- The Mercury News - no paper
- San Jose Mercury News - delivering a sj mercury 1 day per week when 7 days per week was agreed to
- [Resolved] The Mercury News - sunday paper