San Jose Mercury Newsjmn refuses to convert my subscription to digital / sunday only delivery

Over the last five weeks I have made at least six calls to Customer Service, who agreed to stop delivering my paper, except for Sunday, in favor of a digital subscription. But that was over a month ago, and I am still getting daily papers - and the refund I am due for prepayment has still not been charged back to my card.

The news division is great, but the business office is dishonest, incompetent, or (to be charitable) understaffed. Whatever excuse they may have, it is very bad business.See Top 10 Worst Companies in San Jose, CACustomer Service supervisors told me $304.25 of my automatic prepayment would be refunded, but that was over a month ago. It has not posted to my account, though Customer Service blamed the "Finance Department."
I live on Social Security, and I can no longer afford anything but a digital subscription. But if this goes on much longer, I'll cancel the paper altogether and file for my refund in Small Claims Court. I hate to do it, because it will cost SJMN attorneys a lot more than $300 to defend this case.
B. Hanson