Samsung / Refrigerator / terrible quality product!

1 7928 WinterborneWindsor, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 707-894-3087

We lost power to the local community. All power in my house was dead. When power came back on the samsung refrigerator would not run. I contacted samsung support services. They told me since I did not have an extended warranty they would not help me. I have phoned several appliance repair companies and have had no luck with anyone who will service a samsung appliance. I have had this dead refrigerator for two weeks. It is one and a half years old. I thought samsung products were top of the line. Where is the support service? All I wanted was someone to tell me how to fix it or who to call to fix it. I understand there would be a cost because I did not purchase the extended warranty. I was told by several appliance service technicians not to buy samsung because of lousy support service.

Most disappointed!

Comments

Jo
  22nd of Jan, 2008

Again, a specific model number would be useful here.

also, when power goes out, then comes back on, there is usually some "surging" which can, and does, damage circuit boards - especially in rural areas! Surge protection is highly recommended for items with circuit boards! Cheap insurance.

Pe
  8th of Jul, 2008

I have the same problem I having problem on a side by side silver nando fridge which is just out of its extended warranty and would like somebody to repair it which just possibly the thermostate but with no joy I am staying in Brits and has phoned Brits Aplliances with no result doesn`t even bother to come out and the same with other so called refrigeration repair specialists

I must assume that we have underqualified people in our country as far as specialized services are concerned and samsung itself let me think of the Delta Motor company which is the worst globally

Regards

Peet Dames

Ri
  6th of Apr, 2009

Purchased Samsung sxs refrigerator RS 257 BARB...appears to be a problem product & Samsung unwilling to admit...Problem is temp is fridge & freezer suddenly just jumps to maybe 60 degrees & 40 degrees in freezer...so everything thaws & is ruined. Refrigerator side had a FAN that was noisy then it stopped totally & now temp STAYS at 60 degrees. Seeing MANY other complaints re: Samsung & their "piece of S@IT" product...Repair folks estimate $200 just to replace FAN...that'll go bad again (replacing inherently defective parts with the same is insane)...SAMSUNG has proven their reputation by the quality of their products...UNWORTHY of purchasing ANY of their products...PEOPLE DON'T BUY SAMSUNG...NOT WORTH IT.

Su
  8th of Jul, 2009

I totally agree. Samsung's after sales service is pathetic .I had a terrible experience currently.Despite many calls, the service engineer could not visit on time and it is well over 15 days, the problem could not be fixed. I would not recommend anyone buying samsung's products

An
  31st of Dec, 2009

I purchase a brand new Samsung refrigerator om 12-26-09 with model RF265ADWP/XAA. The compressor is not working. When I contact the retail and Samsung, they send technical to check and will replace but not. I wait one day then call them. They said will send another one to replace and I wait another day. The technical told me the compressor is dead and asking me to wait. During the phone call, they always told me different story. First time, they said we are not sure will you return or not, so not ask one to replace it. Second time, they said we don't have part. Third time, they said we fix the problem for you already temp. Your cooling is working. (the compressor is dead, how the cooling work?) Then they said we don't have tool to fix. Then they said we have tool but the boss is on vacation. Finally, they said we did overnight oder and the compressor is arrived but the tool is not arrived. When I call the Samsung and the retail store, they don't really help on solve the question. Only ask me to wait. They pulled my refrigerator away and only said we can give your money back.
Not sure why they didn't detect the compressor is bad and sold to customers.

Will not purchase from that retail store and the same brand refigerator any more.
The rude thing is when I told to Samsung customer support that te technician told me there is no part, they told me to order from J&J myself. I purchase new and why I need to order the part myself to fix?

I am totally agree the above complain. They didn't show up and not give you a call. Just keep quiet and tell a lie.

Ju
  1st of Feb, 2010

Samsung refrigerators have a known "design flaw"
They have recalled many models in the UK for this same problem.
Check Samsungs UK website .
Go to Support and then to News and Alerts.
Also check out Youtube.
Search Samsung and watch the "Watchdog" video.
We should all keep complaining until they admit the defect !!!

Mi
  11th of Sep, 2012

Samsung refrigerators with electronic controls have a demonstration mode used by retail stores to show the product. The lights work but the compressor is shut off. The problem I just had is that the demo mode can be triggered by a power outage or surge. It is easily fixed by holding two buttons on the control panel, but we were out of town for a few days and lost hundreds of dollars worth of food. In my opinion this is a design flaw. Refrigerators should run when plugged in and should restart whenever power is disrupted. They should not revert to a mode only used by retail stores.

So
  15th of Aug, 2015

IMHO This product is an excellent candidate for an implied warranty of merchantability lawsuit.