Samsung Model RB215BXXB/XAA / samsung refrigerator nightmare

105 Challenger RoadRidgefield Park, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 2012294000

Hi,

I purchased a Samsung Refrigerator from Best Buy in September 2006. In March 2006 and prior the freezer stop producing ice and the repairmen was called to fix the freezer but had to order the parts. Repair was called for service due to same issue on 05/11/07. 05/29/07 returned from vacation food thawed and freezer wasn't working and we lost approximately $100 worth of food.

07/11/07 refrigerator turned itself off all the electric in the entire home was working refrigerator was shut down the representative just told me to unplug and plug back in. On 07/31/07 told the Samsung I need to have a new refrigerator sent to me the freezer sound like an airplane engine and it was going to stop soon. At this time I was told to fax in the purchase receipt so my refund could be processed because they don’t do exchanges. I was given a tracking number as I was told it takes 4-6 weeks to process a refund. I faxed the receipt in the same day and again on the next day.

On 08/03/07 I called to ensure fax was received and I was told by the representative that the refund could not be processed for the entire purchase plus the tax only. She told me the purchase price only will be refunded in Ohio. In addition, she requested that I send the serial number label off the side of the refrigerator and cut the cord to the refrigerator and mail it in order to begin the 4-6 weeks processing time. I asked her what I was supposed to do for a refrigerator while waiting 4-6 weeks for them to process the refund. I also asked her if this made common sense to her to disable a refrigerator that is currently working prior to receiving the refund and why I would not receive the full refund amount including the tax. She stated she would bring this to a supervisor’s attention and I told her I will send the label and I would not cut the cord. I was told they would send the information to her and she will have the supervisor respond.

MY FREEZER STOPPED WORKING ON 08/10/2007 AND I INFORMED EACH PERSON I SPOKE TO OF THIS FACT!

On 08/07/07 I mailed the label to Samsung certified mail receipt, and after calls on 08/10/07 and 08/14/07 the label was still no showing as received in Samsung’s system. On 08/14/07 I spoke to ECR department which processes returns and they told me the 4-6 weeks couldn’t begin until they received the product label. I told them I could fax my copy of the same label while we are waiting for this mail to be received. They told me it has to be received by mail and I would need to cut the cord to my refrigerator and send it in to process the return.

On 08/19/07 I went into Best Buy store #161 and told the sales representative that I needed help getting a new refrigerator, as my refrigerator is not working. He told me to call 888-best-buy to get help. I called 88-best-buy on 08/20/07 and spoke to the representative who told me it was under manufacturer’s warranty and I would have to work with Samsung to get their approval for replacement. She sent a fax to Central Repair, who is the repair service utilized for the Samsung, and they will come to my home and verify the product is not working. After, Central Repair certified the product was not operable then Samsung would be able to issue a replacement authorization and I would be able to go to Best Buy and purchase a new product.

On 08/22/07 Central Repair inspected the product and certified that it was not functioning and told me they would fax the information to Samsung. On 08/23/07 I called Best Buy and they told me I should speak with Samsung regarding the authorization to replace the product and they couldn’t do anything prior to receiving this authorization.

On 08/23/07 I called Samsung and they told me they received the fax and they will begin the process of 4-6 weeks to send me a refund check and they would not provide me with an authorization to replace the product at Best Buy. I told her I DON’T HAVE A WORKING PRODUCT IN MY HOME AND IT HAS NOT BEEN WORIKING SINCE 08/10/07. She told me the refund will be processed and they would expedite the process. When I asked her what time frame I could expect to receive a refund, she told me she would have a supervisor call me within 24 hours regarding the status of the return. I told her this is not acceptable and I need a working refrigerator. She stated the refund will be processed and no authorization will be provided and no refund for my lost food of approximately $250 would be made. She stated I need to have a receipt for all food purchased prior to refunds for lost food being sent.

The result is I sued Samsung in small claims and won now I am trying to collect. If there is anyone who could provide information regarding the banks they use it would be appreciated.
To

Comments

Ru
  23rd of Oct, 2008
i purchased a Samsung DLP TV and on the 2nd day out of the box i noticed hat about 1 hour into a movie it started shuting itself off they send repair guys to my home 4 times and replaced numerous parts but the problem continues i'm sick of it and am talking to their ECR dept. who arent doing anything to help i just want a working product please help i spent 3000$ on this tv and dont know what to do they gave me a bunch of phone # that were false and false fax #s heres a link to my video of my tv taken about 10 minutes ago after i read your storry... please help with any info i would aprechate it verry much.
-RUDY my phone number is 623-466-3207

Video: http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Rudyomic1/?action=view¤t=b8d4f86d.pbr

Samsung Electronics Logo Samsung Electronics