Samsung LCD TV / product quality & service policy!
There is a board right above the lcd panel on my 46" tv amongst other numerous boards, which samsung does not provide to its authorized repair shops. So when this board goes bad, they are telling you to buy a whole new lcd panel, which is so expensive that you are better off to buy a new tv all together.
This board went bad on my tv just after a year and half at which point the warranty is expired. I called samsung customer support and they adamantly insisted that what ever the shop says is what I have to do and that the board is not sold separately. The joke is, that samsung provides this board to other companies, for what ever reason or purpose, and I was able to get it on line and repair my tv myself. The question is, why is this board (Part) failing so quickly (I have heard of several cases myself alone) , and why samsung likes to sell you a new lcd panel/tv at a much higher price instead of the board at a fraction of the lcd panel's cost?
Why didn’t it bother samsung a bit when I told them about the situation and why didn't it bother them at all that they have a quality problem here? Is samsung trying to boost sales by following such policy?
Samsung may not care about quality and practice, but customers do. I am not buying any more samsung products and I suggest every one else to reconsider if they intend to buy their products.
More Samsung LCD TV Complaints & Reviews
- Samsung - refrigerator - I am totally unsatisfied with samsung! 
- Samsung Uk Promo - scam mail! 
- Samsung - customer service 
- Samsung India Software Operations - employees harassment from siso md. 
- Samsung - unbelievably bad customer service! 
- Samsung Electronics - defective television
- Samsung Electronics - misled information about item bought 
- Samsung Appliance - samsung washing machine
- Samsung Electronics - bixby levels
- Samsung - frame tv