Samsung Electronics

Chesapeake, VA 23320
August 15, 2017

Re: Call ticket # 1132548877 and # 5118491839; Service ticket # 4144076260
Dear Tom Baxter,
This letter is to notify you about the poor service I received from your executive customer retaliations department August 15, 2017.
I am dissatisfied with your service because I was given the wrong information, passed between departments, argued with, told I was I would receive follow up communication with in 48 hrs. and the biggest thing is I was told to Shut Up twice.

I want to give the reason for my call, I had my Gear S3 Frontier on while doing yard work and washing my car when later that night my watch started to act weird the watch would reboot or switching to Samsung Pay over and over. I understand the watch is not water proof but water resistant (IP86 resistant 30 minutes submerged or max 1.5 meters submerged) that is why I believe doing yard work and washing a car fits into what the Gear S3 Frontier was created for, to be active. I bought this watch because my brother whom is a mechanic wears his Gear S3 Frontier every day at work and he has no issues with his and I have Samsung S8+ . I sent my watch in for repair and I got the watch back stating due to water damage it could not be repaired; so knowing that I didn’t meet any of the limits of the Gear S3 Frontier I was upset. Unfortunately, the problem remains unresolved. Here is the list of my experience with calling Samsung:
1) August 10, 2017 @ 10:18am – Called 800-SAMSUNG – Spoke the first representative, had a long conversation with her about physics of water how deep 1.5 meters converted to feet and how a car wash your hand(s) are not submerged more than 30 minutes. She told me that I would need to talk to Customer Service to get my case reviewed again so I asked for the number. She gave me the number for her department not Customer Service. Ticket #113254887
2) August 10, 2017 – I finally get Executive Customer Care I had to explain everything over again and again we talked about how yard and washing the car. She said that she would submit my case for review because her department couldn’t make any decisions when that tag “water damage” was put on file. I would receive some communication about my case within 48 hrs. She was the most helpful person I talked to during this whole ordeal. She looked over my account and saw that I have other Samsung products reassured me that Samsung’s goal is to have satisfied customers. Ticket # 5118491839
3) August 15, 2017 @ 9am – I called back referencing Ticket #5118491839. The first representative I talked to I explained the previous call on August 10th and that I had not received any communication about my case. She told me the case was still pending but she could escalate it. She came back and told me she talked to a higher department and they told me the watch has water damage and nothing could be done. I asked to speak to that department that made that decision. I don’t know how they can make such a quick ruling and couldn’t contact me within 5 days to give me an answer. She told me protocol is to transfer me to her floor supervisor first, so I had a quick conversation with him and he transferred me to Executive Customer Care. I talked to Jackson 5084126253 who has no customer service skills at all. After he verified who I was he went straight into there is nothing we can do because of the water damage, like he was standoffish towards me because I requested to transferred to this department. I was taken aback and I told him how irritated about this whole ordeal and I didn’t like the way he was talking to and asked to speak to someone else in his department. Jackson transferred me to Kilsys 5384007665 his supervisor and this is where I admit I was really irritated but no using any foul language. As I was talking to Kilsys she was not any more pleasant and I know I cut her off because I was irritated and she told me to SHUT UP twice. Really!? This is how “Executive Customer Care”, I couldn’t believe this. I told her that I talked to this department on the 10th and that they couldn’t this type of decision and my review they are going to say the same. I work for FedEx Office and I know this is not how you handle customers bully them off the phone and tell them you can call everyday if you like you will get the same answer. Oh! Then she hung up on me.
I first inkling was bash Samsung over social media, I decided to take time out of busy day to write this letter to shed some light on how I was treated. I understand you have your policies in place for a reason but the service I received was unacceptable. I do have to admit $400 smart watch getting water damaged from yard work and washing a car that is rated IP68 seems problematic to me it could be a one off.
Thank you for your anticipated assistance in resolving my problem. Please contact me at 757-343-7645 or eargazm94@gmail.com if you have any questions.
Sincerely,
Chauncey Prigmore, II
Eargazm94@gmail.com
Complaint comments Comments (1) Complaint country United States Complaint category Jewelry & Watches

Comments

A  22nd of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
Wow, I had the almost exact same scenario and have been bounced around like a rag doll. So sad how they don't care about their obviously unhappy customers who have legitimate gripes and complaints. 4 month old watch died on me 3 weeks ago and I just got it back yesterday with a note saying because it sustained water damage, it can't be repaired and voided from warranty. Ironically, my watch has NEVER been exposed to water or much less, submerged in any. I did wear it during cycling so the closest thing to water was sweat from my arm and face coming in contact with the watch. The watch being IP68 rated, that sort of contact should never impair a device. It's false advertising and very misleading. I smell a class action law suite coming up. I'm beyond frustrated with them and their awful customer service and run around they put you through.

Where are you currently with your situation? They asked me to send it back in, which I'm sure will result in the same thing part II.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree