Salvation Army / manager / social worker

601 51st, Galveston Tx, United States Review updated:
Phone: 409-763-1691

The manager of the Galveston Salvation Army is a alcoholic . He has come into the facility smelling of liquor he has also thrown people out of the facility for no-reasonable cause just because he can. He was confronted by someone of smelling like alcohol he told the staff members that the person had to leave cause he was going to be trouble. His form of intimidation to keep clients from voicing their opinions and speaking out on him is to have people escorted out by the police, so those that are homeless or needy of their assistant will not come forward. As a person who stayed at their facility I have witnessed breaches of confidentiality of clients. I have also listened to the Social worker, Manager and staffing make jokes about clients and their situations and talk down to them in a very disrespectful and verbal manner. I know for sure that the Social worker has been under the influence of alcohol. My first day stay she came to me and stated that I needed to attend the meeting they were having and I told her that I was not there for any drug or alcohol reason nor any mental issues. She did not address herself to me I asked who she was and then she stated to me the social worker and I said to her you smell like alcohol yourself and your having a meeting. Mrs Karen, and Mr mark, are truly in need to be visited by a higher member of this organizations. Their job descriptions need to be defined and they need to be reprimanded for the poor ways that they are treating people who are down on there luck. They have displayed favoritism toward long term clients as to short term people " mentally disturbed' drug and alcohol. Homeless. The Social worker is dating a client, and is fraternizing with other male clients which do have a problem with her. I asked for Corporates Num# I was told good luck looking it up.'Then they laughed'

Ma
May 4, 2014

Comments

• Re
      14th of Jun, 2014

Your complaint isn't very enlightening. More than likely the two of you together don't have a real complaint.

• Ro
      14th of Jun, 2014

Yes! I agree with everything you said! Which was absolutely nothing. Just tell us this much: were you working, volunteering, or shopping? Or did you just shoplift?

• Do
      15th of Jun, 2014

I've been to that store, and they have white, latin, and black employees. Which race were they biased against, and which race of employees did this? Who abused their "power" and how?