Sahalie / sahalie rewards program

United States Review updated:
My husband ordered a watch for me from Sahalie as a Christmas gift. He did not authorize any rewards program. He did not take any discount on the watch he ordered. Months later, in March, we see a charge to his credit card for 14.95 for the Sahalie Rewards membership. I called Sahalie and they said they do not administer the rewards program and gave me a phone number to call - [protected], Encore Marketing. I called and spoke to them. After a few minutes of conversation, me insisting that he did not sign up for this and if they did not remove it, we would do a chargeback, the representative agreed to have the 14.95 refunded and the membership cancelled and no further charges. She said it would take one to two billing cycles to show on our credit card statement, but that if I tracked that account online I should see the refund in 7-10 business days. I will be watching this closely. We plan to close that card account as soon as this is done. We will never order from Sahalie again, because they shared our credit card information with a company we did not authorize it to be shared with, who then charged to it fraudulently.

A  18th of May, 2009 by
I had a very similar experience. I caught a 14.95 charge on my credit card that said SAHA REWD, back tracked and found I had been paying this for seven months to Encore Marketing. I called them and they said I had signed up for this when I made a purchase online from Sahalie in Sep 08, that the acceptance click takes you to the contract page. I NEVER sign up for ANYTHING that is supposed to be FREE. They agreed to reimburse six of seven months, I will deny payment through my credit card company on the seventh.
Sahalie has gone from a company I respected to one I will NEVER use again.
Steamed in North California
N  13th of Jun, 2009 by

I sure wished I had checked Sahalie on the internet. Like so many of the stories above I purchased a $15.00 gift for a friend for Christmas. My husband pays the bill and asked me today what I keep buying for $14.95 from Sahalie. I told him I haven't. After calling we got the same song and dance they Sahalie can't cancel we have to go through the rewards program

I NEVER approved any rewards program and VERY UP SET that Sahalie shared my credit card information and they charged my card. But then tell me they are not related.

What a RIP OFF. I plan on speaking to them on Monday and getting a refund. Meanwhile TELL EVERYONE NOT TO EVER SHARE YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO or purchase anything from this company.
N  15th of Jul, 2009 by
Same thing happened to me. Placed an order in January. They had a mysterious extra charge of $1.95. Then I have had $14.95 charges every month since. They claim I approved this but why would I pay this amt. of money every month for nothing? I did not authorize this!
I have cancelled my credit card today and complained. The last 2 mos will be disputed by the credit card company.
Please everyone beware of charges on your monthly credit card bill. There are many companies out there doing this very thing. They test your card number with a minimal amt., once it goes thru, they up the ante and start sucking your dollars monthly, hoping you will not notice.
Get out the magnifying glass monthly!
Charlotte, NC
N  23rd of Sep, 2009 by
I purchased an item from Sahalie on-line. I was automatically enrolled into their "rewards program" managed by Encore Marketing which Sahalie claims has nothing to do with them. I never gave my credit card information to Encore Marketing, Sahalie provided it to them without my knowledge. They started charging me $14.90 a month for membership in some "rewards program" that I know nothing about. Encore Marketing claims to have sent me an e-mail about the membership which is a lie, there was no such e-mail. They claim to have sent me material in writing, which is also a lie. I am unable to get money Encore/Sahalie stole from me refunded. The customer service representatives of both companies are "innocent" and say this is all my fault for signing up. The supervisors in both companies were too busy to talk to me. STAY AWAY FROM SAHALIE AND DON'T GIVE THEM A CREDIT CARD NUMBER. I wonder what kind of people it takes to make a living by scamming others. Sahalie must have a lot of complaints about it as their customer support is super expedient in blowing people off.
A  18th of Oct, 2009 by
This just happened to me! I ordered three items from Sahalie on August 30, 2009. The $1.95 SAHA REWD charge on my credit card was for that same day. The charge for my clothing items happened a few days later. I since returned the clothing, but got a second charge for $14.95 on October 5, 2009. I have disputed both charges with my credit card and I plan on calling both Sahalie and this purported "rewards" company tomorrow during business hours (today is a Sunday).

Further, I did a little research on their site, and it is interesting to note that you have to submit your email address to them, which I did not do, and they claim you will receive a $15 gift card to use at Sahalie. I never received that $15 gift card. None of the other people who posted prior to me even mentioned the $15 gift card. This must be the incentive to get suckers to sign up. Except, if they sign you up without consent, they don't even have to send you the $15 gift card!

I am shocked that this goes on and intend to pursue this fully. I will never shop this company again.

Lawyer in Chicago, IL
N  8th of Nov, 2009 by
Several unauthorized charges
N  18th of Dec, 2009 by
I work for SAhalie. I love the clothes and company but I will say that since encore has found its way into the company I am not so happy. The person taking your order should have read to you a paragraph and you had a right to say yes or no. if it was no then they are to do a rebuttle. I go so far and if it is no it is no. if this order taker scammed you I hope they no longer work there. I don't know about the book, I have seen them but you are not the only person who has stated they never received it. Go to the Better Business Buro(?) It may not get your money back but the more complaints maybe someone will do an investigation. For future reference, mail in a money order like I do or order on the internet. Oh, may be someone will still my info. Yes, now days there is nothing that is 100% percent safe but you will get the items you want with out listening to the Encoure pitch.
A  8th of Jun, 2010 by
I had the same experience as the others above. I ordered something in August 2009, and at first I thought the $14.95 charges to my credit card were for items that arrived piecemeal. The charges occurred sporadically, then in 2010, every month. It took me awhile to figure out that the cryptically-titled charges weren't one of my charitable contributions! When I called the number (which is conveniently printed on the credit card bill), I was able, with some persistence, to get someone to agree to refund all the charges. We'll see if it happens.

Sahalie should be ashamed of this deceitful business practice. They must get some sort of kickback to allow this to happen to their customers. Shame on them.

Historian in Vermont
A  10th of Jan, 2012 by
The same happened to me in regards to just ordering something. I caught it before the thirty days and called and guess what, they said I would not be charged and two seconds later they told me that I would be charged. This is a total scam and there are a lot of people out there without knowing would not even look at this rewards catalog, throw it away and then at the very least 14.95 taking out of their account, this might only happen once but there are those out there that don't keep an eye on bank statements so what does it add up to? I called Sahalie and told them I would never order another thing from them because of this, love their stuff. They the rewards program said they would take the charge off so we will see. I am disgusted.

Sahalie Logo Sahalie