Safelite Auto / Windshield replacement

1 Pittsburgh, PA, United States

I had a cracked windshield which when I called my insurance company was refered to Safelite. I scheduled an appoinmtent on a Saturday morning at 8 a.m. to fit in my schedule. After the replacement I was advised that they didn't have the right rain sensor for the window and they broke my review mirror. I was advised that someone would call me to set up an appointment with a dealer. I was called and advised that I needed to take the car to a dealer and get an estimate. I would then have to fax it in and wait for them to determine if it was within their budget. I guess if not, I would have to take more time off until I found an estimate within their budget. And finally after they felt it was acceptable, I would have to take another day off to get it fixed. I asked for a rental so they could go get it fixed, I didn't qualify. When they asked for my deductable payment, it was made on the spot in good faith. They need to change their motto to "If we screw your car up, we will probaly fix it if it doesn't cost too much!"

Rf