SafeCo Insurance / company is denying claim because they can not get hold of there insured. they will not pay for my rental vechile that they told me to go and pickup.
On 7-13-08 a person that has insurance with SafeCo ran a red light and hit my truck. I called in the claim and was given a claim number and told to go to Enterprise Rental and get a comparable vehicle. I picked up a truck on 7-18-08 from Enterprises using the claim number given to me by Trevor at SafeCo Insurance. Phone #[protected] claim #[protected]. On 7-25-08, Enterprise called me and said that the claim had been denied and I would have to personally pay for the rental. I called SafeCo and they said to tell them that it was still pending but would be okayed as soon as they talked to their insured. Today I called and talked to SafeCo claims adjuster and was told that unless they go in touch with the insured that the claim would be denied and I would have to pay for the rental. I would never of gone and gotten the rental unless they would of okayed it. I feel that this is not fair that I have to pay for the rental and my $500 deductible when I am the victim. My truck could have already been repaired and an rental would not have been necessary past the two weeks if everything would have been handle by SafeCo in a timely manner and correctly. I thought when someone hit you with insurance that it was the problem of that person, yet I am the one taking time off my job to take care of phone calls and trying to track down all the information needed to get this claim okayed.
I do not have rental on my policy, so I will not be able to get one while my truck is in the shop. I will be out that money plus my $500 deductible that should of been taken care of by the person that hit me. I faxed over the police report that I had to go and pick up and pay for, plus there was a witness and he got a citation for running the red light. I don't understand what else they need but they tell me unless they get in touch with him they will deny the claim. This is just not fair!
More SafeCo Insurance Complaints & Reviews
- SafeCo Insurance Company - it is an unethical insurance company 
- Beware! Fraud! Safeco Insurance Property Insurance: Fraud! - claims fraud 
- SafeCo Insurance - fraud 
- Safeco Home Owners Insurance - not paying claim for plumbing issues
- SafeCo Insurance Company - don't work with them 
- SafeCo Insurance Company - disorganized, rude and ignorant sharon parker
- SafeCo Insurance Company - I put 142 on my card at walmart in barnwell sc at 13:30 today 10/12/2017
- SafeCo Insurance - automobile insurance
- SafeCo Insurance Company - homeowners insurance 
- Safeco Home Owners Insurance - roof