SABC TV Licenserefusing to refund incorrect payment made to sabc

J May 16, 2014 Review updated:

I made a payment in error to SABC from my bank account. I emailed through all the necessary documentation. I called SABC this morning to ensure my email was received (reference number [protected]), I was told that the money would not be refunded to my bank account, even though proof of payment had been sent through, as the account name is in someone else name, so unless I send the account holders bank account details, the money I paid in error would no be refunded. How is this not theft on SABC's part?

• N
      Jul 15, 2014

I think the unnecesary shifting of the SABC TV Program "Swartwater" to channel SABC3 is causing loss for the film production company and shaking up the community who follows it. Please leave things as they were before this program gets binned. It will cause a loss in ROI for all not just the Producers. But it causes the followers to distrust the ability to lead the SABC effectively.

• J
      Jul 15, 2014

I agree, we as Afrikaans speaking people feels neglected as all our programmes are being shifted to other channels, and SWARTWATER is the most amazing drama series SABC has broadcasted in a LOOOOOOONNNNGGGG time!!!

• S
      Jul 16, 2014

Ag nee! Where is my favourite programme? Swartwater????

• M
      Jul 16, 2014

So unfair that afrikaans people should be ok with our programs moving around and the big time difference but the of the ### on tv stays the same. Can kyknet not take over the broadcast of Swartwater??

• M
      Jul 16, 2014

Why is "Swartwater" now being broadcast on SABC 3 at 21:30, is this yet another attempt by the SABC to remove "Afrikaans" from the SABC channels. You don't need a Grade 12 certificate or a degree from Unisa to know that the SABC is in shambles yet again. Get your act together or don't count on my TV license payment anymore.

• L
      Jul 17, 2014

Ek is bitter teleurgesteld dat swartwater na n ander kanaal verskuif is. Vir wat moes dit verskuif word na SABC 3 toe in die eerste plek? Eers was dit verkonding dat dit net tydelik verksuif sal word na SABC 3 gedurende die Sokker wedstryde, maar daarna bly dit no9gsteeds op SABC 3!? Ek kan nie eens SABC 3 ontvang nie! Daar is so bitter min goeie Afrikaanse programme op TV en nou die goeie programme wat wel wys word verskuif na ander kanale. Ek hoop regtig dat SABC die TV Skedule sal hersien en dat die laaste paar programme van Swartwater weer sal vertoon op SABC 2.