SABC / tv licence cancellation
I am complaining about a TV licence that was enrolled without me knowing. 2 years back I bought a TV at Astra furniture and I was never told about a TV licence, A TV was delivered without being told that I will be charged for a TV licence. Last year September I received a call telling me to pay R400+, I told the lady who called me that I need to know where it was enrolled I was told about Kwamhlanga Post Office. I never went there to apply for a TV licence and why I was never told about it by the time I bought this TV. I am not pleased at all because I am a student and if I was told about it I would have leave buying a TV, I was sent by my sister to buy it and she got a TV licence but because of I was never asked or told about it I am in Debt. We would have use her TV licence rather than opening a new one, we are staying in a one house and have two TV licence that we need to maintain.
I want to pay that amount and cancel a TV licence because I cant afford to pay for it, if not I will take this matter further. Please assist urgently.
More SABC Complaints & Reviews
- Sabc 2 - sabc2 cancelled naruto 
- SABC TV - legal action for tv license 
- VVM Attorneys % SABC - sabc tv license 
- SABC VVM Attorneys - unwilling to close tv licence 
- SABC / TV Licences - tv license fee for a pensioner / concession application
- South African Broadcasting Corporation [SABC] - illegitimate licence back charges
- South African Broadcasting Corporation [SABC] - tv license
- South African Broadcasting Corporation [SABC] - annual fee
- South African Broadcasting Corporation [SABC] - noise pollution in sabc radio broadcasts
- South African Broadcasting Corporation [SABC] - cancellation of tv license