Ruth's Chris Steak House / 30 years plus of loyalty disrespectful manager

1 522 west 37 streetNew York, NY, United States Review updated:

My family and I have been loyal customers to Ruth Chris (especially this location) for over 20 years. We eat at the location at least 1 a month & Every New Years' Eve we came to this restaurant to eat our last meal of the year, service was usually wonderful, but the behavior today was absolutely unacceptable. We came in from the pouring rain, completely soaked, for the security to tell us that we cannot dine since my wife was wearing "sport leggings". We of course asked to speak to the manager, since my wife has worn the same leggings to this restaurant many times before, but no issue was ever made. Then the manager Karen Gines comes to tell us that we can sit in the lounge area, but not the bar since my daughter is a minor, which is "accommodating" since we don't know how many people she has "kicked out of the restaurant today". She was very rude & hostile and last year my wife was wearing the same legging and there was no security guard and this manager Karen Gines was not there. We tried sitting at a table but she proceeded to ask us to move since the table we chose was for but the new table was right in front of the bar. We decided to leave after that, since the manager refused to seat us in the main dining room or at least at a table in the lounge that we liked. It is New Years' Eve, a time to be a bit more courteous to others, but instead we received the opposite. The manager was very rude and disrespectful. As a business owner I would never accept this from anyone especially from someone as a manager capacity. I do not recommend this chain of Ruth Chris, there is no respect for loyalty whatsoever. My daughter is 15 years old now and she does not to go through this embarrassment she has been been coming to ruth and chris for 15 years and at least once a month. I had to explain to her to forgive but do not let people push her around.

Jean Paul Ho