Ruth's Chris Steak House Logo

Ruth's Chris Steak House

Having problems with Ruth's Chris Steak House?

Ruth's Chris Steak House reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 3, 2014. The latest review Prize I won for attending a wine dinner was posted on Jul 27, 2021. The latest complaint Food / presentation, quality, cleanliness of the location. was resolved on Mar 29, 2021. Ruth's Chris Steak House has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 94 reviews. Ruth's Chris Steak House has resolved 35 complaints.

Ruth's Chris Steak House Customer Service Contacts

1030 W. Canton Ave., Suite 100
Winter Park, Florida

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Ruth's Chris Steak House Customer Service. Initial Ruth's Chris Steak House complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Ruth's Chris Steak House above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Ruth's Chris Steak House. Discuss the issues you have had with Ruth's Chris Steak House and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Ruth's Chris Steak House Complaints & Reviews

Ruth's Chris Steak HousePrize I won for attending a wine dinner

March 2020 I attended a Rombauer wine dinner at Ruth Chris in Pasadena, CA
I was the lucky winner of a very large Cook Book and was told they would put it in my carry home bag with my carry home food. There was no cook book in my bag and for months I called a Claudia who was in charge of the wine dinners at the Pasadena store and she said she would get it right out to me.
Said she had to order another book because they gave it to someone else by mistake. I waited patiently and still no book
Before I attend another wine dinner I would like the prize I won in March of 2020 just before the Pandemic hit. I have been patient due to the Pandemic but I think it is time Claudia from Pasadena Ruth Chris send me my cook book or a gift card for the value of the cook book Thank You. Ann Beeson-Leal. [protected]@gmail.com
2170 Chaucer Rd San Marino, CA 91108

• Updated by phony site · Jul 27, 2021

Still waiting for prize I won at a wine dinner. It have been over a year

• Ruth's Chris Steak House's response · Jul 27, 2021

We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. We would like to learn more. Please consider emailing us directly at [email protected] with your contact information, including a phone number. Thank you!

Ruth's Chris Steak HouseThe host /food

My name Tiffany matthews [protected] email T.[protected]@yahoo.com Our reservation for 9pm and if I had known we would be rushed because they were closed I would have never went then the host stated as we walked through the door hurry up and order because we are closing. I stated why would you'll have a late reservation opening for that time we order the food was horrible and I dine there often I was highly upset fist we were told they had no more chicken no more bake potatoes etc then a few min later they got chicken and it was the worse chicken I ever had then my fiancé order the filet with shrimp that usually comes with 2 pieces of steak it only came with one then I ordered a ceaser salad they put blue cheese in it and onions basically rushing
    The waiter was awesome and she was new I did pay for a $600 bill for service like this and I think something needs to be done

Ruth's Chris Steak HouseAnniversary Dinner

I went here for my anniversary. I spent a pretty penny here. The experience was not the greatest. The food wasn't so great and we waited forever. They also ran out of food. I contacted a manager. We were offered a taste maker dinner in October. I do not wish to commit to this. I have called and emailed since, and I have received no additional response.

Ruth's Chris Steak HouseFood / presentation, quality, cleanliness of the location.

Ruth's Chris has always been my choice for celebrations, business meetings with out of town vendors, and any other special occasion . This restaurant gave me bragging rights until my visit last night. My sister and I decided to treat our brother to something special after a hard year of COVID. Our reservation was at 4pm at the St.Louis/Hyatt location. The first thing we noticed was the lobby waiting area and restrooms: dusty floors and no toilet paper, overall dirty restrooms, a look of neglect. The inside of the restaurant was clean as normal.
        The food on the other hand was not up to the high standards I am used to for a Ruth's Chris experience. For a party of 3 we spent well over $500 including tip. Caesar salad has been unacceptable for my last 2 visits. No anchovies in the dressing or too much of one ingredient and not enough of the other ingredients. Lobster Voodoo, which we order on every occasion did not have the normal kick, more like lobster tossed in orange sauce, not crispy. The tangy cucumber salad was better than the featured item. All steaks were overcooked, ie, medium well coming out well done. The Classic Filet was burned. The presentation of the Cowboy ribeye with the 4 Shrimp was horrible. Grease was splattered everywhere on the plate, and the plate was not 500 degrees. This is my favorite Ruth's Chris Steak, and it was the worst I have ever had. Flavor and presentation did not meet your normal high standard. The T-Bone was also overcooked and the presentation was sloppy as well. The sweet potatoes used in the sweet potato casserole were stringy, but the dish was flavorful. All other items were ok. I want to always be able to say Ruth's Chris is THE STEAK HOUSE to visit while in STL. Last night we paid Ruth's Chris price and got Texas Roadhouse quality.
        Betty Estes
        [protected]@att.net
        [protected]

• Ruth's Chris Steak House's response · Mar 29, 2021

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. This is certainly not how we wanted your experience to go. We'd like to learn more -- please consider emailing us directly at [email protected] with your contact information, including a phone number. Thank you!

Ruth's Chris Steak HouseI am complaining about product and service.

My wife and I were celebrating my retirement at the Atlantic City Ruth's Chris. There are few issues I am complaining about below:

1. The steak was touch for chewing. No tender at all.
          2. They sat me right in front of cleaning supplies
          3. They sat me near a door with a bad draft
          4. I spoke to management about the cleaning supplies and draft and he did nothing.
          5. They never told me about the History at Ruth's Chris like they do at other restaurants

We spent $150.

I am complaining about product and service.
          I am complaining about product and service.

• Ruth's Chris Steak House's response · Mar 29, 2021

Feb 27, 2021

Ruth's Chris Steak House — Food/service

Tonight my husband and I decided to order carry out from your South Bend, Indiana location. We have dined in...

Ruth's ChrisSeafood tower

I "hang" at RC in Heathrow (46A @ I-4). I am there almost every Sunday for the past four years. Last Sunday's dinner was the Seafood Tower which I have frequently. I was very disappointed in the accouterments of clarified butter. I always ask for it and it is delivered in a ramekin atop a butter warmer. This week I was told there were no more butter warmers. I had to ask for 3 ramekins of warm butter which promptly solidified as butter does. Such a simple thing that makes a seafood dinner a real treat. Why was it withdrawn? It was a meal not enjoyed and I won't order it again.

I have my stakes without the cremini mushrooms because of some simpleton's reasoning . I can't see the reasoning for these actions the decrement from the delicious meals. Please, Just Stop!! Should I go elsewhere?

Doc. Gary Wendorf

• Ruth's Chris Steak House's response · Sep 02, 2020

Jul 29, 2020

Ruth's Chris Steak House — Unequal work opportunity and defamation of character

I was hired as a server at Ruth's Chris. I was asked if I was willing to host and I said yes as long a...

Jun 22, 2020

Ruth's Chris Steak House — Service/experience

My husband and I wanted to treat my daughter and her boyfriend to a nice steak dinner, so we went to Ruth...

Apr 13, 2020

Ruth's Chris Steak House — By the time we arrived home because our entrees have now been sitting for more than a half hour plus our travel time

Easter Sunday Take-Out Curbside 4/12/20 6:00pm P/U- We placed an order by phone on 4/11/2020 for takeout...

Mar 01, 2020

Ruth's Chris Steak House — 2 steak dinners

My wife and I ordered an 11 and 8 oz steak, both medium well, along with appetizers and sides. Our steak...

Jan 22, 2020

Ruth's Chris Steak House — service

My husband and I made reservations to Ruth Chris on 12/15/2019 for 7:45pm Confirmation:[protected]. We were...

Jan 19, 2020

Ruth's Chris Steak House — food made us sick, food poisoning.

01-18-20 Reservation were made at 6:00pm. This visit was suppose to be a special occasion for my wife'...

Jan 05, 2020

Ruth's Chris Steak House — timing, uncooked food, no dressing on salad, wine 2016 vs. advertised 2014, wait for reservation.

Went out for 70th Birthday party. Had to wait for reservation, salad did not have dressing-returned, ordered...

Dec 20, 2019

Ruth's Chris Steak House — customer service from host at the door

I made a reservation coming in for my birthday from Boston for 6:30, I called to explain I would be arriving...

Nov 05, 2019

Ruth's Chris Steak House — the meal, the service

I took my husband to Ruth Chris for his 40th birthday. All he wanted was lamb. We were in beautiful Waikiki...

Oct 24, 2019

Ruth's Chris Steak House — event planner lied about special summer booking incentive

I chose to celebrate my 30th birthday dinner at the Ruth's Chris location in Weehaken, NJ on Sunday July 14...

Weehawken
              Oct 22, 2019

Ruth's Chris Steak House — the general manager robert a. caffese

When I quit from the restaurant he saw me he ask me if i quit and say yes! He told me a lot bad words for...

Ruth's Chris Steak Houseservice, food and gm's poor response

Had dinner Ruth's Chris Wilmington NC on October 3, 2019. Waiter Brandon was a very nice man but his "over attention and interruption" every five minuets made it so distracting the four of us couldn't have a conversation without him interrupting. As polite as he was, it felt like we had to look around if he was coming to the table again before starting a sentence so you didn't get "Excuse me but" constantly. It was like his agenda was going to be a priority weather we liked it or not. At one point I almost asked him to go stand away from us and I would get his attention of we needed him. This is not the behavior of a seasoned waiter. This was what I shared with the GM, not trying to do anything but alert him to a problem that would ruin other diners experience if not corrected.
              Wife and I had the Porterhouse for two and it was the worst steak I have had in years and especially in one of your restaurants. Brandon prepared Bananas Foster table side for desert and was training another waiter. The desert was terrible and bananas were not cooked at all. He should be learning not training another new waiter.
              Sent an e mail to your GM at the restaurant which he didn't reply to so I called. He answered and told me "he had read my e mail and was thinking about what his response would be" and that's why he didn't return my e mail or contact me. Well its two weeks and I not holding my breath I'm ever getting a response. When we spoke I told him I had no intention of bashing the restaurant on social media and didn't want the waiter to get in trouble but felt he needed more training to be waiting tables in a restaurant of your caliber. My steak is another story and had grizzle running through it where you had to cut around it to eat. Again chef doesn't have X ray vision and a steak can slip bye I get it.
              I was not looking for a free meal and still not looking for that, but felt I was sharing my disappointment honestly . If you request a copy of my e mail from your GM in Wilmington I think you will see that my intent was to help him improve on customer experience not get anyone fired or get something for nothing.
              So now you have lost a customer who has eaten in your restaurants from New York to Florida for over forth years. The lack of follow through from the manager in Wilmington is not acceptable IMO. Now, I don't care what he does, but for me to invite another couple for a first time dining experience at Ruth's Chris and raving about how great it was going to be It was a huge let down.
              There are some amazing restaurant's in Wilmington and the area is exploding with new residents. Your not the only good restaurant in town and for four people to have a drink at the bar for $80.00 before sitting and have wine and dinner for four with a bill for almost $500.00 with a tip, to say I was disappointed is putting it mildly. The apparent lack of concern for my complaint by your manager is unacceptable and as I felt our conversation was total lip service I'm not surprised he never contacted me again. Again my desire at first was to alert him to his staffing issues feeling they needed more training. Nothing more that that.
              Now you've lost a customer that's been patronizing your restaurants for over forty years. I hope this is an isolated case and not a pattern for this location. I doubt I'll be back anytime soon to the Wilmington location.
              Regards,
              Tom Fiorentino

• Ruth's Chris Steak House's response · Oct 11, 2019

We are sorry to hear this, Tom, and would like to speak to you further. Would you please send your contact information, including a phone number, to us at [email protected]? We appreciate your business and would welcome the opportunity to make this right!

Oct 05, 2019

Ruth's Chris Steak House — the food, the portions, the temperature, the wait staff, and the manager.

I visited Ruth's Chris Steak house on September 21st of this year and was greatly disappointed. The...