RushCard / terrible experience

Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:
3.65
Phone: 866-787-4227

I have been emailing rush card since October asking them has my new card been sent out. They never call or keep their word on the most minor of issues to begin with so I knew I had to stay on them about my new card since I use it for direct deposit and I need that money to live. Its now December 4th and not only have I not been contacted yet as promised, I still have no card. I received one email claiming the card was sent on the 13th of Nov. I have NEVER heard of a company sending out cards late. I want the entire rushcard service closed down. IF you can not do business to a certain standard you should be shut down. I want to know what my legal options are. I have record of all the emails i sent and received. I get paid tomorrow and I have absolutely no access to my cash and I have 12$ to my name. Thankfully I paid my bills for this month before the card expired last Sunday. If i do not get my card tomorrow i will not be able to eat or catch the bus to work.
Va

Comments

Lo
  12th of May, 2009
I am having the same problem with my moms card. Today is May 12, 2009 I have requested a replacement card on April 07, 2009 and have not received a card yet I have applied for another card on April 24, 2009 and have not received my card yet. Now I have requested an express check on May 6, 2009 and called to check on it that Saturday and guess what nothing has been processed so I called on Monday May 11, 2009 to do it again and guess what today is Tuesdaay and now they are telling me that they did not process the check because they did not know if I want it sent to my PO Box which they told me that they cannot do that for security purposes. and now they are not going to process it until tomorrow which not my mom's rent is 2 weeks late and she has to eat. They sucks in business. I thank you for your time but we're no longer using that card anymore.
Hi
  17th of Mar, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
This card is awful once you do recieve it. I went to the post office to purchase a money order for 1000.00 dollars I was told that the card was denied. The post office actually took the 1000.00 dollars and I had to dispute the payment with rushcard service. The post office wrote letters stating there was a glitch in their system. After rushcard issued me a temporary credit the following day the post office came back thur the account and took out 1001.50. After disputing the transaction with merchant. The post office issued me a credit which has not posted to my account and its been 7 days. When I call rush card service I reach some forgien country the representative barley speaks english and repeats your transaction history over and over again. This is really sad. I'm going to cancel my direct deposit and stop use of this card. I cannot beleive that rush card services does not have a merchant account holder and will not allow credits to go thur accounts as soon as they are processed. I deal with credit cards all day long. Once given a refund at the latest it takes two business days for this to show up. This process with Rush Card services has taken 7 days and still no credit. This is really terrible I'm really disappointed in Russell Simmons and the service of his company. My next step today is reporting Rush Card Services to the BBB. I would advise anyone not to get this card.
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I WANT MY MONEY RUSSELL SIMMONS I CANT BELIEVE THIS... THIS IS A MESS I WANT MY MONEY I HAVE TO PAY BILLS RENT AN FINES AND YOUR NOT GOING TO LET ME COME LIVE WITH YOU YOUR NOT GOING TO PAY NONE OF MY BILLS AND YOUR NOT GOING TO BAIL ME OUT OF JAIL WHEN THEY ARREST ME FOR NOT PAYING MY FINES... THIS IS SAD TIMES ARE ALREADY HARD AND NOW I HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS IM TELLING YOU I WANT MY MONEY ASAP $428 IS DEPOSITED TO MY CARD EVERY TWO WEEKS AND ADDITIONAL $50 DOLLARS ALSO... WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT TO GET MY MONEY ITS MINES... YALL NEED TO GET THIS TOGETHER FOR REAL I BET YOU AND YOUR FAMILY GOT YALLS DONT YALL... JUST GIVE ME MY MONEY ATLEAST YALL COULD CALL PPL AND LET THEM KNOW WHATS GOING ON YALL DONT EVEN DO THAT BUT YALL GOT OUR MONEY AND YALL NEED A NUMBER WHERE WE CAN REACH SOMEONE I GUESS YALL MOUTHS DONT WORK EITHER THIS IS SOME BULL FOR REAL... I WANT MY MONEY IM A BLACK WOMEN WITH KIDS AND BILLS AN I NEED A ANSWER TO MY QUESTIONS
  30th of Apr, 2010
MY QUESTIONS IS WHY IS THE NUMBER BUSY WHY CANT I REACH ANYONE WHY HAVENT ANYONE CONTACTED ME ABOUT MY MONEY THATS THE REAL PROBLEM RUSSELL SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HIM SELF
I WANT MY MONEY CALL ME 856 297 3833 THANKS
I STILL WANT MY MONEY $428 DOLLARS
I WANT TO KNOW WILL RUSSELL COME BAIL ME OUT WHEN I DONT PAY MY FINE
  30th of Apr, 2010
ASK RUSSELL CAN I COME LIVE WITH HIM CAUSE I CANT PAY MY RENT CAUSE THEY GOT MY MONEY
Le
  5th of May, 2010
ive put money on my rushcard i was buy something online it kept saying it was denied so when i call rushcard to get my money back they keep giving me the run around my next step it court bec i want my money they are fake and a rip off i advice anyone not to get a rushcard its a scam and a way to take people money id never get another one and soon as i get my money im gonna sgred the one i have rushcard is a fake dont ever use it ever.!!!
Am
  21st of May, 2010
Att: Rush Card customers
Per our phone conversations over the last several days. I am faxing you this letter with a copy of my Michigan dr. lic. and social security card per your request based on your comments and actions you made to me in refer to Rush Card Visa Debit that your were investigating Social Security Administration actions for an electronic Transfer deposit made on May 11, 2010 into my account. But, they refused t o post any funds on to the card reason unknown.
Please release my funds into my account before the end of business today. How investigate can someone the Federal government at that level. We were told several lies about their headquarter and phone numbers. Please if you read this do not get one of these cards...BAD BAD BAD BAD FOR BUSINESS.
Thanks you in advanced for your cooperation in this untimely matter whom ever you maybe.
An
  20th of Mar, 2011
Hello everybody who has been taken advantage of, as so my self. I live in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and a student with no job, struggling everyday to endure the everyday system changes that are occuring in our state. RUSH CARD!!! has ruined a big part of my educational learning, they are taking from the poor people to keep up their everyday RICH means of life. My account had five unauthorized debits which totaled $ 808.45. I was supose to attent the American Counseling Association Conference in New Orleans, On March 22, 2011. I have been saving over a year for this trip and I have not been out of the state since 2005, when my father died. I call RUSH on March 16, 2011 4 times, the same exact complants that all of you have posted I got the same... WE NEED TO START A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT. I have to cancel all of my reservations, and I will lose plane tickets, conference fees, hotel fees, and just my frustration as to how this can happen.
Kh
  1st of May, 2014
|Can these people get away with this?
Lo
  5th of Jul, 2014
I have had rushcard card customer service nightmare. I had a block on my card and kept asking to talk to corporate and they lied and said email is the only way. I had to look up Unirush Inc online located in Ohio by the way to get my card unblocked. Now im trying to figure out how to sue them
  12th of Feb, 2015
RUSHCARD IS A GIMMICK! I WOULD NEVER DEAL WITH THEM EVER AGAIN AND I WILL TELL EVERYONE I KNOW NOT TO AS WELL!
Ha
  14th of Oct, 2015
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Wow, I have been a rush card holder since 2011 and never have I ever had a complaint until today. I am so pissed with this system update but, even more pissed at the fact your website is down, customer service has rejected my calls, and I have yet to receive a text message explaining why I am unable to access my money, why I can't use my card, and why my damn balance is saying I have 0.00 dollars in my account. This is utterly ridiculous and unprofessional for a business to leave their customers in disarray. I have stopped my direct deposit and I am done with this company. Russell Simmons your ### need to be slapped and someone need to freeze all of your accounts so your ### will know what its like to not have access to your hard earn money when you need it. To hell with this card, this company, and more importantly I want my damn money.
Wa
  15th of Oct, 2015
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
The least the company could have done was give us card user a warning so we would have known what to expect. It is bad business when you can't even reach customer service. I have been a Rushcard user for along time and I never experience this, so what is really going on!
Re
  16th of Oct, 2015
In the "apology" russel simmons gave he stated... "but for now, simmons said the company won't be able to offer its service of providing customers with their direct deposit funds two days before their regular paycheck. But they will get their money on their actual pay day, he said" sooooooooooo where is my money !? Smh im cancelling this asap !
Bu
  16th of Oct, 2015
been a customer since 2004 and have had it.these past few days have been a horror comi Russell is this a part of your old street mentality when it comes to money handling.coming out as well as customers I have brought with me through the years.
Di
  2nd of Mar, 2016
I've been a customer since 2007 never have I had any of these issues that I am occurring now they hold on to my money when it supposed to be refunded as per merchant for 5 to 10 days didn't receive it for 15 days now that's telling me to take money off my card I am being charged an additional $2.50 because I want to do a cash advance of my money at a bank this is just utterly ridiculous I will be canceling my card when I get all my money off the card this is just bad for business Russel get it together. Sincerely a pissed off rushcard member

RushCard / UniRush Logo RushCard / UniRush