Royal Mail / No refund for the lost package!

On the 30.03.07 i had registered a package by special delivery to the home office, from the holloway road post office i was guaranteed a next day delivery by 9 am and on the 19th of april i tracked it only to find out that my package has not been delivered.

When contacted royal mail i was told "sorry madam that item has now being classified as a lost item, i am unable to help you any further as you now need to fill out a claim form and we will refund you the cost of the contents".

I told her that the package contains my husband british passport, my jamaican passport containing my uk indefinite visa and usa visa, my son's jamaican passport containing his uk visa (indefinite leave to remain) and usa visa, my old passport which is required by the home office when applying for citizenship. My marriage certificate a checque for 468 and my application form for british citizen. She told me they will only refund me for the cost of the pass ports.

The price of replacing the visas in one passport is now over 500 pounds as of the 02.04.07 and i am not sure about the us visas, i was also trying to beat the deadlined for the changes which came in effect on the 02.04.07 where as that fees went up from 468 to 1000 pounds to process me and my sons application jointly.

To replace my visa's and all three passports plus to re submit the application will now cost me a total of over 2000 pounds due to the ridiculous increase in prices within the home office.

Comments

• Gi
      12th of Nov, 2009

Please fill out this short survey on the royal mail, it'll give you a chance to express your opinions. It'll only take a few minutes!

Click on the link below, or copy and paste the link onto your web browser.

Thank You Very Much!