Royal Mail / lost birthday cards

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

On 1st October I posted 3 birthday cards to the same person (one from my husband and myself, the others were from our two sons) - none of these birthday cards arrived. The one from us had a cheque inside. The road we live in is isolated on its own and has its own post box which is emptied everyday at 5.30pm - so the only post collected is that of people living down our road. So where are these cards - I can understand one going awol but not all three. What is going on?

Comments

14th of Oct, 2008

i sent 2 birthday cards a week ago and they have not arrived and 1 had a cheque in it i put the right address and the post code in capital letters and they did not get to the destination

• Pa
      18th of Dec, 2008

i have had lots of birthday cards go missing and opened money stolen.Royal mail dont do anything, i have no faith in royal mail.Now waiting on a christmas card with a cheque in that i should have recieved by now they have prob stolen it.

24th of Dec, 2008

my brother posted 2birthday cards to the address above on monday 22nd december 08, i recieved 1 card on the 23rd, so where is the other card gone too, they were posted together and addressed to the same address.the card's were posted in wisbech, cambs.not very happy about it and has happened before.

• Mr
      10th of Feb, 2009

We live in Hampshire. My son has been living in Leeds for 4 years now, during the time he has been there 2 cards have arrived from him. One 6 weeks late to me 2 years ago, and his sister's card which he sent on 23rd January for her birthday on 26th arrived yesterday 9th February! All other cards birthday/anniversary etc in either direction have gone missing. I have tried to complain by email and by phone but as other commentators have said. Royal Mail simply aren't interested. With the numbers involved this cannot simply be coincidence. Someone is stealing them. It has to be on some scale for so many cards to be involved. Only one card has ever had anything in it, a cheque from my sister, I had neglected to tell her not to do this. Fortunately we discovered she had done it in time to cancel the cheque. We have resorted to putting cards in plain brown envelopes to see if this makes a difference.

Does anyone else have this specific issue with the Leeds area?

• Ed
      24th of Jan, 2010

Hiya just thought I would let you know that on the 25th of November 2009 I posted 2 PADDED birthday cards to Ireland and both my friends still haven't received them. On Wednesday the 13th of January I posted another 2 birthday cards to the same house at the same post office at the same day, at the exact same time, 1 PADDED and 1 just ordinary! Guess wot????? The 1 that was padded still hasn't arrived! I just want to make people aware of this!

• Su
      18th of Aug, 2015

I sent a Birthday card on the 10th of August 2015 and thought that it would arrive at my friends house in plenty of time for my friends daughters Birthday on the 16th of August.When I spoke to my friend today, she said that it had not arrived.So where is it??????? I put the full address and postcode.NOT VERY HAPPY, as this is not the first time this gas happened Sue Paul

• Gl
      24th of Aug, 2015

Something needs to be done about it...
    I too have had a B/day card go missing in June and posted one with £10 in it last week 1st class and that has also gone missing...Is the ROYAL Mail run by THIEVES !!! ?????
    Both posted to Mablethorpe...

• Mi
      1st of Nov, 2015

Mothers birthday tomorrow. Posted the card on Monday Oct 26th and she hasn't received it. This is the second card that has gone missing, my brothers birthday card to her last year also didn't arrive. Again as comment above (linked in here from a Google search) posted to Mablethorpe. I think the Royal Mail needs to do something here, this is an absolute disgrace that I can't even post a birthday card! Given the rate at which these cards go missing, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard for them to track some cards through the system and find out who the culprits are.

• Po
      21st of Apr, 2017

I posted a card to Australia on 20 the march, it had $30 Australian dollars in for my nephew's birthday and it still hasn't arrived. Royal mail not interested. Clearly been stolen.
    It's a disgrace

• Ta
      8th of Feb, 2018

2016 my auntie sent me a 21st birthday card that should have had £50 in it, not even the card arrived witch is shameful I'd atleast expect the card to appear seriously and my 21st was something important shame on you