Royal Holidays Vacation Club / misrepresentation, lies and bad attitudes
My partner and I had already subscribed to Royal Holidays in the Bahamas when we went on vacation in Cancun Mexico the following year.
We tried tirelessly to convince the sales reps that we were not interested in upgrading our membership but I guess thats when all the lies began! We were promised, amongst other things, that an upgrade would allow us to use our additional credits to access all-inclusive options when booking accommodation. We were also told that we have the option of cancelling at any time. So we purchased additional credits to upgrade to Platinum Membership.
Lo and behold, when trying to book our accommodation and requesting the use of our credits to pay for food, we were told by the New Members sales rep. that we did not have this option and that we must now pay additional cash.
Further, on inquiring as to the possibility of cancelling our membership, I had to put up with the rather defensive attitude of the supervisor of the New Members department who, in true Royal Holiday style, proceeded to spew more tripe as to what additional features that they planned to offer for the next year (i.e. the same credits-for-food option that we had been told already existed) and that they were not in the business of scamming people - and I heard all of this by simply asking him about the possibility of cancellation. Nothing more! So I suppose that he was also trying to convince himself that he was not a part of that scam - conscience can be a b#@$% sometimes.
Of course, as all Royal Holiday members now know - we have no option of cancellation!
And making a reservation with Royal Holidays seems to be the most painful part of all of this. The sales reps are untrained and rude and seem to master the art of not returning phone calls.
Well, we have already bought into this hot mess and so we decided to make the best of it. We would book our vacations (if we could get past the anguish that this usually involves) and make it our business to tell all those people at the hotels who were lured by Royal Holidays on cheap vacations to solicit their membership that RH might as well stand for Real Hogwash!
More Royal Holidays Vacation Club Complaints & Reviews
- Royal Holiday Club - class action lawsuit! 
- Royal Holiday Club - got money back and contract cancelled! 
- Royal Holiday - royal holiday is a scam! 
- Royal Holiday Club - problems getting cancellation! 
- Royal Holiday Club - cancellation of contract 
- Royal Holiday Vacation Club - royal holiday vacation club
- Royal Holiday Vacation Club - membership dues, inability to use timeshare and not honoring. agreed upon contract. would like all dues and fees paid refunded
- Royal Holiday Vacation Club - this company is a scam
- Royal Holiday Vacation Club - holiday
- Royal Holiday - royal holiday timeshare scam, please be careful