Royal Bank of Scotland RBS Mastercard / RBS MasterCard is a Ripoff (RBS Sucks)

RBS Mastercard
RBS Mastercard Sucks. RBS Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) credit card is by far the worst credit card company I've ever dealt with. I am referring to the RBS MasterCard. They advertised a promotion with 0% balance transfer. When I finally got the card the rate was about 19%. They refused to honor their advertised promotion. I paid off the card and stuck it in a drawer. Today I received a nasty-gram I owe them over $60.00.. I found out they charged me $20 for Late Fee Protection in December and $42 for late fees and finance charges, and reduced my credit limit to $250.00.. On the phone they refused to remove the charges. So I just closed the account. I will file a Better Business Bureau complaint by internet through the Bridgeport CT office, which will be followed by a local small claims court lawsuit, which I will win by default because they won't show. Bottom line RBS MasterCard SUCKS!

N  26th of Jun, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Here is yet another sorry tale of poor customer service from RBS

A  17th of Sep, 2009 by
I had similar problems. When they raised the rate on me, I paid the card off in full and closed the account after speaking with their cusomer service (service? that's a laugh). A month later received another bill for interest on a paid off account. I called back again spoke with Matthew (C020205) and his boss Omar (c0202118) with no help and rude. I asked what I owed today and what would happen if I over paid as not to have that happen again. Omar said "they would write off the samll overage". I asked him to send me that in writing and asked at what amount would not be "Written off". He could not answer.

I over paid on line so I will maintain a positive Balance to have them send statements on and so I can continue to call their Customer Service. If disatisfied customers would do this, we can eat up some of their overpriced service profits and tie up their customer service (manpower = $). Spread the word.
N  1st of Oct, 2009 by
This mail comes your way with great sorrow and insult in my heart.

I received a call from your bank yesterday at around 2:10pm, from 042067208 (Dubai Number). Your sales executive called me to offer me a credit card from your bank. She spoke very kindly in the beginning of the call. Then she came to the point where she asked me my salary. The moment i mentioned my salary SHE JUST HUNGUP!!! What is the meaning of that? Does your bank train your executives to insult people who are not eligible for your credit cards? Well i may not be eligible at the moment but i am sure to grow in my career graph and earn much more and i am headed that way already. But i will make sure that i dont take a card from your bank. Thanks to your sales executives special treatment that i received yesterday.

Will i receive an explanation and an apology for this or will this email be ignored?
A  24th of Jan, 2010 by
Jet Airways sucks, Jet Airways is a racist airline, Jet Airways is an airline Bigot!

Jet Airways is one of the racist airlines in the world.
I was delayed for 3 hours, even when I was early. And after the delay, guess what? They said that they needed to be furnished with supporting documents. Supporting documents that no other passengers have to provide, but myself. Then even when those so-called "supporting documents" are produced and showed to them, they refused to give me my boarding pass, based on the bag I was carrying (I was not using one of those "trolley bags" that people generally bring for holidays). Based on this they thought that I'm some kind of poor chap trying to stray off to another country. That was what they said. This is discrimination!

Furthermore, they vigorously denied me the boarding pass, only after I have confronted them with the fact that I have a beard, therefore a muslim. This is again discrimination!
It's not that the proof was not there. It was there. I showed them. But they denied. I can only think that this is obviously a biased attitude, based on pure discrimination, not facts. They won't even accept tangible proof.

I as a muslim, am disgusted by these unfair treatment based on my religious belief.
Truly Jet Airways ought to be ashamed of their racism, and religious discrimination.